ICFAI Business School (IBS) is a trusted name in the field of management education, a reputation built over years, for its steadfast commitment to preparing the leaders of tomorrow. Through its nine campuses, the IBS brand of education has been making a difference to the lives of all its students. This article explores the reasons that make IBS different from the others.
IBS-Defining Way to Success
- IBS focusses on providing the right knowledge and skills to students and adopts a unique and innovative approach to business education.
- IBS adopts a variety of pedagogical techniques like lectures, case studies, business games, summer internship program, management research project etc.
- IBS helps students develop all the skills required for effective decision-making.
- IBS helps students develop balanced and well-rounded personalities capable of taking up leadership positions.
The IBS Advantage
Besides a strong and rigorous curriculum, IBS offers students the opportunity to develop a good synthesis of Indian and International perspectives. The following reasons make IBS a formidable brand in management education:
- Case-based Learning
- IBS implements a practical approach to education. Most of the courses are taught through real-life cases.
- Business Modelling and Simulation
- The curriculum is made interesting and enriching for students as it incorporates business modelling and simulation games.
- Strong Industry Interface
- An extremely important component of the curriculum is the strong connection the institute has with the industry. Frequent interaction with industry experts, and guest lectures are a regular feature of the courses.
- Continuous Learning
- IBS provides opportunities for continuous learning to students. It encourages students to become independent thinkers, research, analyse, and solve problems independently and also pushes them to keep updating their knowledge to stay relevant.
- Best Infrastructure
- Regular classroom sessions organised by the eminent faculty of the institute enrich students.
- The curriculum provides scope for students to get exposure to the latest knowledge and stay updated on the latest market trends.
- Students are encouraged to conduct research and become independent thinkers through various projects on contemporary issues.
- Continuous evaluation is an integral part of the academic infrastructure in place at IBS. Regular tests, home assignments, case analysis, seminars, projects help in student evaluation.
- IBS has put in place all the necessary IT infrastructure, along with high-speed internet to aid students in their studies.
- Well-equipped libraries are fundamental resources for students to benefit from:
- A comprehensive collection of books, CDs, videos, journals etc.
- Subscription of various online databases such as EBSCO, Emerald Management Xtra, World Development Indicators, Prowess/Accord etc.
- Students at IBS benefit from the innovative pedagogical tools used to enrich the learning process.
- Student-centred Learning-Clearly defined learning outcomes and an understanding of the abilities students need to develop as a professional underlines IBS's belief in Student-centred Learning.
- IBS uses rubrics to assess soft skills and summer internships for its management programs. These rubrics help to identify the level to which the objectives of a particular activity, program have been achieved. This information helps both students and faculty to introspect and take corrective measures, if need be.
- Rewarding Excellence
- IBS has developed a system of positive reinforcement, through awards, medals and cash prizes, given to students with excellent performance. These serve as an incentive to students to chase excellence and prove their mettle. Some of these awards are:
- Gold and Silver Medals - Gold Medal with Rs. 10,000, awarded to the first rank holder of each campus.Silver Medal with Rs. 5,000, awarded to the second rank holder of each campus.
- The Sumana Dutta Memorial Awards - Cash prize of Rs. 5000, with a plaque and certificate awarded to the second-rank holder on an all-India basis.
- IBSAF Award for Excellence in SIP Instituted by IBSAF - A trophy, certificate, and cash prize of Rs. 10,000 awarded to the top 1% of summer internships undertaken at each IBS campus.
The advantages that IBS offers students make it a preferred choice for students. All campuses of IBS have gained a strong reputation for being student-centric institutes, focused on delivering excellence and quality.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous.