Before joining an institute for your PGDM, you are likely to have a set of parameters to evaluate the institute. Only if it ticks all or most of the boxes, do you consider it seriously for admission. This article measures Goa Institute of Management (GIM), an institute set up in 1993 with a vision to create knowledge and develop professional leaders “at the forefront of cutting- edge business practice,” against a set of criteria that makes it an exciting place to study for students.
Admission Via CAT 2022 Closes on 20th Dec 2022
Best For The World
- GIM is recognised as a centre of excellence that provides management education with a global outlook.
- It prepares students to become leaders of the world, rooted in Indian values with a global perspective.
- It has been recognised as a pioneering school by The Positive Impact Rating 2021 Report released at the United Nations PRME Global Forum for its unique curriculum offering global leadership skills. It emerged as one of the 46 business schools from 21 countries across the world and was among the top 4 institutes to achieve Level 5 in the Rating.
- GIM is guided by an expert panel of leaders who have abundant experience in leading quality institutions.
- It has a pool of 75+ faculty members teaching full time.
- The highly qualified faculty mentor students to nurture the leaders within them and help them realize their full potential.
- All decisions taken by the leadership of the institute from curriculum, pedagogy, co-curricular set-up etc. are driven by the needs and requirements of the student body.
A Scenic Campus
A silent yet powerful contributor in a student’s success is the infrastructure that the institute offers its students. Integral to this is the campus itself, its location and facilities. On the counts, GIM scores better than its peers.
- GIM boasts of a 50 acre campus nestled in Sanquelim in North Goa.
- Students of GIM are blessed to study and live in a campus, which is surrounded by greenery all around.
- Fresh air, clear sky and rich flora and fauna around the campus refresh the minds of students and provide the ideal set-up to a rigorous curriculum.
Diverse Centres of Excellence
- GIM has established several Centres of Excellence to give students exposure and take management education beyond the walls of the classroom.
- Centre of Excellence in Research (CER)- to promote research and contribute to the development of the city and the country.
- Centre for Social Sensitivity and Action (CSSA)- to promote social sensitivity within the institute and the city.
- Centre for Creativity, Innovation and Design Thinking (CCIDT)-to promote creativity, innovation and design thinking in students to help them find sustainable solutions to problems.
- Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (EDC)-to promote the spirit of entrepreneurship in students.
- Centre for Teaching Excellence (CTE)-to promote pedagogical enrichment with a learner-centric focus.
- Centre for Excellence in Sustainable Development (CESD)- to promote practices that help meet its sustainable development goals and be conscious of the impact on the eco-system.
- Centre for Public Policy and Governance (CPPG)-to promote regional development by participating in policy initiatives of the government.
An Enriching Spirit
- Basanti Cup (Cricket)
- Kick off (Football)
- Candle Passing (Handing over the responsibilities to the juniors)
- Inception (Music Festival)
- Cheerio (Farewell Party)
- La Fiesta (Freshers)
- Ribandar Talks (Talks by industry experts)
- Beer Game (Supply Chain Simulation Game)
- Gaming Week
- GIM WIZBIZ (Corporate Quiz)
Robust Placement Cell
Placements at GIM have shown a steady performance in the season of 2022. GIM’s placement cell which is completely run by students has recorded higher salary packages consistently for the past several years.
GIM has recently announced 100% placements of its PGDM - Big Data Analytics, batch of 2023 with the highest CTC of 40.2 Lakhs per annum.
The Big data market size is expected to grow with CAGR of 11% from 2022 to 2026 (analyticsinsight.net) and In the current year, the average Salary of A Big data manager at GIM has grown over 30% from the last year. The average salary drawn this year stands at 17.2 Lakhs per annum.
The BDA program at GIM focuses on creating future-ready, data-fluent managers, who are fully equipped to manage the new paradigm of data-driven decision-making.
The highest CTC for the ongoing placement process of the other programmes offered by GIM are standing at 55LPA for the PGDM - Flagship programme, 27 LPA for the Banking, Insurance and Financial Services (BIFS) programme and 29 LPA for the Healthcare Management (HCM) programme.
These are just a few of the many student-driven events lined up by GIM throughout the year, giving students multiple opportunities to grow and enjoy their journey.
GIM ticks all the boxes when it comes to providing the ideal environment and culture to enrich students’ lives and ensure that they begin their professional journey on the right note.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and Stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous.