Xavier University Bhubaneswar feels proud to host the 25th World Forum of IAJBS (International Association of Jesuit Business Schools) which is scheduled to take place from July 21st-24th, 2019. This year marks the celebration of IAJBS’s Silver Jubilee and will witness the participation from both industry stalwarts and eminent educational leaders. The conference theme for this year incorporates ‘Flourishing’ as an integral part, as the perspectives on ‘Flourishing’ provide a wider canvas to draw the images of sustainable development which have hitherto been limited to economic growth and profit.
As Aristotle opines, ‘flourishing requires a life with other people’, and is essential for achieving natural excellence and happiness, the hallmark of true development. Since flourishing requires a life with people and nature, the growing culture of innovations should be used as a thread to weave the web of life.
In today’s hugely networked world, it is possible to advance the cause of flourishing. Innovations act as necessary conditions accelerating the process of achieving the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030. Though the SDGs put equal thrust on planet, people, profit, prosperity and peace for the development agenda, profit has assumed the dominant position. As a result, world is witnessing unprecedented social and economic inequality, ecological and political crises.
Hence, this conference aims at providing a platform for stimulating interaction between the veterans from diverse industries across the world and the respected stakeholders of Xavier fraternity on the theme:
“Innovate and Flourish”
The speakers for the event include:
- Shri Kamal Bali, Managing Director, Volvo India Private Limited
- Mr. R. Gopalakrishnan, Author & Corporate Advisor
- Dr. Carlos Moslares Garcia, IQS School of Management, Barcelona, Spain
- Susan Dann, Professor of Marketing and Foundation Head, Peter Faber Business School, Australian Catholic University
- Prof. Joseph M Phillips, Dean of Albers School of Business & Economics, Seattle University, USA
- Mr. Richard Lobo, Head of HR & Executive VP, Infosys Limited
- Mr.Rana Sinha, Additional Non Executive independent Director of Ramkrishna Forgings Ltd, Jamshedpur
- Prof. Arup Varma, Quinlan School of Business, Loyola University, Chicago, USA
- Dr. N S Rajan, CEO-IDFC Foundation
- Mr. Rangaswamy Elango, Managing Trustee, Trust for Village Self Governance
- Ms. Rubina Sen, Senior Coordinator for GRI South Asia & DFAT Programme Manager
- Dr. Harsh Kumar Bhanwala, Chairman of National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
- Mr. Tony Henshaw, Chief Sustainability Officer, Aditya Birla Group
- Dr. Pradeep Mehta, Managing Trustee & Honorary Chairman, CHINAR
- Mr. Manpreet Singh, Director, Advisory, Climate change and Sustainability, KPMG
Xavier University Bhubaneswar believes in offering a platform for quality discussions on emerging issues and trends. The university organizes a plethora of superlative discussions to ameliorate the students’ learning experience.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous