IMT Ghaziabad has successfully commenced its new academic session for 2 year PGDM batch of 2022 -24 for its flagship programs i.e. PGDM, PGDM Financial Management, PGDM Marketing, PGDM Dual Country Program (DCP), PGDM Banking and Financial Services (BFS). This year, post the pandemic situation of the last couple of years, the registration and orientation process was conducted on campus with a lot of activities planned to orient the new incoming students. The registration process for the incoming students was conducted on June 27 and June 28, 2022.
The formal batch inaugural and orientation ceremony began with a traditional prayer and a warm welcome by Dr. Vishal Talwar, Director –IMT Ghaziabad. The students were offered an overview of the ethos, heritage, and values that have seen IMT Ghaziabad stand apart as a top-ranked institute in the country.
Welcoming the incoming batch of 2 year PGDM 2022-24, Dr Vishal Talwar – Director IMT Ghaziabad imparted the ideology of "Derive, Design, Strategize" to the PGDM batch of 2022-24. He conveyed the importance of driving the management education towards social good. He emphasized the importance of decision-making in the next two years of their student life and their future career. He spoke about students finding their purpose in lives, the path towards that goal, and on finding our own unique ways. He encouraged the students to hustle ahead in their journey at IMT Ghaziabad”
This year IMT has given the incoming students a different and varied experience through pre orientation process. IMT Ghaziabad has introduced Team Building and Industry Talk workshops. This unique 3 and 1/2 days team building sessions, mindfulness and business etiquette workshops was organised from June 29th – July 1st ,2022 which included the following learnings for students.
Workshops for Team Building, personal growth and corporate readiness:
1. Experiential Learning Lab Workshop -The Experiential Learning Lab (ELL) workshop has been a form of icebreaker for the incoming PGDM participants. The aim of this workshop has been to challenge the participants, bring them out of their comfort zones, push them to take initiative, and begin interaction with each other.
Key Objectives of the Workshop
• Experience and understand the nuances of team dynamics
• Fostering the ability to work in an unstructured environment
• Develop interpersonal and leadership skills
• Develop ability to give and receive feedback
2. Mindfulness and well-being workshop - The workshop on “Mindfulness and well-being” helped students to inculcate a habit of focusing on mental, emotional and psychological well-being of self in the students. This kind of workshop helps them in handling the pressures and challenges of their life well.
Key Objectives of the Workshop
• To understand and value mindfulness and develop oneself as a mindful individual
• To enhance one’s attentional control for improved performance
• To learn strategies to effectively respond to the stress and pressure situations
• To learn skills to strengthen personal resilience
3. Corporate Presence and Image Building Workshop – This workshop has helped students attain the ability to project a confident positive image and communicate effectively in an organization which will result in higher productivity and performance, better interpersonal relationships with co-workers, and increased job satisfaction, and learning to leave a positive and powerful lasting impression on everyone.
Key Objectives of the Workshop
• To ensure effective behavioral conduct on campus and outside.
• To follow appropriate Email etiquette and online communication in a professional context
• To develop cultural and interpersonal sensitivity in one’s communication and behaviour.
The Chief Guest on this esteemed occasion of orientation was Mr. Rajesh Uppal, Member Executive Board Information Technology, Human Resource, Safety, and Digital Enterprise, Maruti Suzuki India Limited, and Mr. Tanmoy Chakrabarty, Group Government Affairs Officer, Tata Sons Private Limited, our Guest of Honour.
Mr. Uppal and Mr. Chakrabarty have over 35 years of experience in the corporate world. As leaders in their respective fields, their efforts to transform business operations have impacted many. They have held prominent positions in various companies, and are well respected across the industry. The Director of IMT Ghaziabad Dr Vishal Talwar along with Dean Dr Amit Sareen –IMT G were present to grace the occasion along with all faculty and staff members of IMT G .
The chief guest Mr. Tanmoy Chakrabarty addressed the students and “conveyed them the importance of green energy and sustainable development. He also shared his rich and diverse work experience with the upcoming batch. Mr Chakrabarty emphasised on regional expansion of civil aviation and urban transportation innovations playing key role in sustainable future.”
Addressing the new batch Mr. Rajesh Uppal the guest of honour “Introduced the "OPPORTUNITY" framework to the students, which stood for the aspects - Openness to learn, Planning, Participating, Optimism, Rediscovering, Testing the limits, being Unfazed, Networking, Innovating, Teamwork, and Youth. He emphasised students to focus on this framework to carve their niche career at IMT.”
Diverse Batch with excellent profiles:
- The PGDM batch of 2022 has students who are musicians trained from Trinity College London and a certified Guitarist from The Associated Board of the Royal School of Music, UK.
- Few students have excellent work experience from top MNCs like TCS, Verizon , Reliance industries, Infosys, Jubliant Food Works , L&T infotech, Deloitte Consulting etc
- The batch holds many evolving entrepreneurs across India from diverse fields.
- The batch includes a student who is a certified Indian classical dancer from International Dance Council.
- A few of them have bagged top positions in Table Tennis at Zonal level and are athletes at state level, including a student who is a National Level Skater and a national level painter who has received accolades from the President of India.
Key Highlights of the batch 2022-24
There are 632 candidates registered on campus at IMT Ghaziabad. The new PGDM batch of 2022 of IMT Ghaziabad has more than 43% non-engineers from diverse streams of undergrad studies.
Work Experience of the batch
The current batch of IMT G comprises has more than 55% students with work experience. The average work experience for the batch is 20.3 months.
IMT always encourages to have a balanced gender ratio for all its programs across campuses. This year IMT has a female ratio of about 19 % in the current batch which is an increase of 4% from the previous 2-year PGDM batch. Continuous efforts and special scholarships are being given to female candidates at IMT to encourage a more balanced gender ratio.
Overcoming the uncertainties and disruptions caused by COVID-19, the IMTG campus has successfully made a shift from online to in-campus classes for all its students. The incoming batch will be staying at IMT Ghaziabad campus as part of the residential PGDM program model to inculcate all the aspects of managerial learning and development into successful leaders of tomorrow. All Covid norms including mandatory masks and sanitization process will be followed thoroughly at the campus to abide by guidelines and precautions.
The students were provided detailed information on campus infrastructure, facilities and hostel accommodation during the orientation program. Throwing light on the new chapter of academic life that the students will be beginning, Dean –IMT Ghaziabad, Dr Amit Sareen “encouraged students to focus attentively on their classes during their course. He emphasised also the importance of participating actively to learn more during their two-year program at IMT G . The students should be keen to learn from peers and teachers, and should not restrict themselves to learning only in class, but also outside of class. As they embark on this journey of PGDM at IMT he encourages them to try new things, make new mistakes each day and most importantly learn about oneself from them to grow in life”.
The registration and orientation ceremony was a thought-provoking event for all the students as they got a glimpse of what lies ahead for them in their life and career thereafter.
The academic session schedule is listed below for easy reference:
|Registration Process||Monday & Tuesday, June 27-28,2022|
|Team Building /Industry Talk||June 29- July 1,2022|
|Welcome and batch Orientation||Monday,July 4, 2022|
For a detailed academic schedule, please refer to Academic Calendar 2022.
Stay ahead and Stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous.