Published : Wednesday, 14 October, 2015 3:55 PM
Global growth is pacing steadily on a recovery track, against the temporary forex volatility due to an inevitable Chinese slowdown and Greek crisis, offering market-moving opportunities. In this context, this year NSE-ISB Trading Lab at the Indian School of Business (ISB), is organising the annual conference on the theme, “The Practice of Value Investing” on 16 October in Mumbai.
The state-of-the-art trading laboratory was set up at the ISB’s Hyderabad campus, with support from the National Stock Exchange (NSE) last year.
This conference will bring distinguished practitioners on a platform to explore aspects of the art of value investing and how it relates to current practice in emerging markets, around the topics such as - Boats versus Moats, Future of Finance and Art of Selling.
- Akash Prakash, CEO and MD of Amansa Capital, Singapore
- Chetan Parikh, Co-founder and Director of Jeetay Investments Pvt Ltd
- Ramesh Damani, Director and Chairman of Stakeholders' Relationship Committee, Aptech Ltd.
- Raamdeo Agarwal, Joint MD at Motilal Oswal
- Siva, formerly Chief Investment Officer at Franklin Templeton
- S. Naren, Chief Investment Officer at ICICI Prudential AMC
- Sanjoy Bhattacharya, Managing Partner at Fortuna Capital
- Nitin Mehta, CFA Institute
This conference and NSE – ISB Lab is led by Professor Vikram Kuriyan, Clinical Professor of Finance, ISB. The Lab provides a platform to understand emerging markets and build global investment portfolios.
The conference aims to endorse the principle of value investing and to interpret the various value investing methods used by practitioners. The environment in which firms operate and the way in which the firms create or destroy value has changed over the years, but the basic principles driving value investing have remained unchanged. In this context, “The Practice of Value Investing” offers something to learn, whether you are a professional investor with years of experience or just entering the realm of finance as a value investor.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous