Published: Monday, 1 August, 2016 12:57 PM
National Level Debate Competition “Vaktavya” Held at XIMB
RMAX, the Rural Managers' Association of Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB) organized “Vaktavya”- A National Level Debate Competition in association with Child Rights And You (CRY) on 31st July 2016.
Every year in “Vaktavya”, participating teams from around the country are expected to present their views on the topics given pertaining to rural scenario, business and policy matters etc.
The Judges for this year were Ms. Sweta Bhattacharjee, Senior Manager – CRY (Child Rights and You), Prof. T. Kumar, Assistant Professor, Xavier School of Rural Management, Xavier University Bhubaneswar and Prof. Kushankur Dey, Assistant Professor, Xavier School of Rural Management, Xavier University Bhubaneswar
The debate comprised of three rounds, the first two being the screening rounds with the final round in the Round Robin format where the teams dueled in pairs to fight out the finale.
The topics that were covered in the debate competition were :
- GST will not Benefit Poor People
- MGNREGA is the Most Successful Welfare Scheme since Independence
- Payment Bank is a Failed Experiment
- Union Budget – Undermines the urban areas?
- In the present discussion around the Child Labour Regulation and Prevention Act
- (CLPRA), the economic condition of our country necessitates child labour law to allow
to assist families in work
- Juveniles must be tried as adults for committing heinous crimes to deter perpetuation of
criminal instincts among the juvenile mass.
The competition had a total of 9 teams participating from colleges like Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai, MDI Murshidabad and Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneshwar.
The winning title was clinched by the Team X-Crusaders from Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneshwar comprising of Neelabjo Mukherjee and Kasif Khan.
The runners up were Team Brocode, comprising of Simant Mohanty and Sasanka Sekhar Pati from XIMB.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous