SNAP
NMIMS
NMAT

PGP 05 Represents 24 states of India

PGP 05 represents 24 states of India

The fifth batch of the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Amritsar MBA program was inducted on Tuesday, 16 July 2019. IIM's newly appointed director Prof. Nagarajan Ramamoorthy and Ms. Sheila Nair, Resource Mobilization Director of Tata Trust, Mr. Vikram Tandon, HR Head of HSBC India, inaugurated the event by illuminating the light and bestowed on the students the success of their lives. Later, Prof. Satish Kumar, Chairperson Admissions welcomed the batch and read out the profile of the batch. Prof. Umesh Bamel, PGP Chairperson familiarized the batch with the policy guidelines of the MBA program at IIM Amritsar.

At the function, Director Prof. Nagarajan said that in the next two years, all the students have to decide who they are and what they wish to accomplish in their lives. He said, “There are a lot of problems in life and there are lots of challenges, too. To solve all those problems, they’ll have to find solutions themselves. Do not be afraid to take risks in life, because success can be kissed by embracing risks.

Ms. Sheila Nair said that now there is a mission ahead of the students in their lives, which they will have to complete in the next 24 months. Students have to achieve success in life. She asked students to work on some of the global managerial challenges identified by global organizations like WHO and others.

HSBC HR Head, Vikram Tandon said that the students should come out of their comfort zone. He asked the students to stumble, fail and fall. Only these will lead to their success in the future. The comfort zone would remain for some time in their life. But the comfort zone, which is achieved by hard work in life, is the best. He encouraged the students by sharing with them the potential of MBA programs which enable students to increase their earning potential by 100 to 1000 times their initial earnings.

Batch Profile

A total of 1 lakh 63 thousand 211 students showed their interest for IIM Amritsar. About 17 thousand 628 of them were found eligible for admission. 

There are 153 students in the fifth batch, including 17 girls. About 68 percent of these students belong to the engineering background, while the remaining 32 percent come from Arts, Biology, Management, Hotel management and other background. About 55 percent of these students also have work experience. The batch may be termed as Mini India as it represents students from 24 states of India. 

Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous