Published : Saturday, 07 January, 2017 6:25 PM
TAPMI-Max Planck Winter School on Bounded Rationality:: TAPMI Campus
Jan 09-15, 2017
Many dignitaries and Eminent speakers will participate in this conference. The Key note address is delivered by Prof. (Dr.) Gerd Gigerenzer, Director of the Centre for Adaptive Behaviour and Cognition, and the Harding Centre for Risk Literacy at the Max Planck Institute for Human Development (MPIB), Berlin, Germany. He will speak about “Simple Heuristics that make us Smart”.
- The Inaugural ceremony is at 10.00 am on Jan 09 at KK Pai Block - Seminar Hall, that includes Prof. Gerd Gigerenzer’s Keynote Address
- Panel Discussion on “Research and Publication in Academia” with Panelists – Prof. Gerd Gigerenzer (Max Planck) , Prof. Konstantinos Katsikopoulos (Max Planck), Prof. Sanjay Kallapur (ISB) and moderated by Prof. Madhu Veeraraghavan (TAPMI) on Jan 09 (17:00 -18:00).
- Interesting Debates on two opposing schools of thought: Satisficing vs Optimising/Nudge vs Boost by participants
- Speed talks (each participant is given 2 mins to attract a large audience to come to their poster!), followed by Poster sessions.
- Dr. Dirk Wulff’s talk on Decisions from Experience.
- “Ethical Decision-Making” by Prof. Kriti Jain
- Talks by Prof. Konstantinos Katsikopoulos & Dr. Shenghua Luan on Fast and Frugal Trees
- Poster on “Bounded Rationality and Supply Chain Contracts” by IIT Madras student.
- “Medical decision-making” by Dr. Michelle McDowell,
- Prof. Narayan Srinivasan on “Brain Research”
- Prof. Gigerenzer on “how we misinterpret probabilities/risks. “
- Prof. Sanjay Kallapur and Dr. Michelle’s talks on Risk Literacy.
- Dr. Shenghua and Dr. Ozgur, would speak in length on Simple Heuristics.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous