Success is no Accident.
It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing. With these thoughts in mind IIM Amritsar is set to organize the maiden TEDx event on Wednesday, September 19, 2018. Officially, the ‘x’ in TEDx stands for independently organized TED event - but it's more of a TED multiplied. It's been the force that has taken TED across the planet and seeded all of these communities.
The TEDxIIMAmritsar event is poised to be one of the most illustrious talks in the entire north belt. Therefore, this event holds tremendous promise and scope of learning for all of us.
The theme of the event being “Success is no Accident”, will provide the listeners to get themselves acquainted with the hard hitting, exemplary and most importantly true anecdotes and stories of success that surely will move the audience. The prolific list of success stories, the speakers will reminisce their encounter with passion and the incidents that spurred them to achieve the success.
The speakers will present their talks from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. IST (UTC +5.5 hrs) at Radisson Blu Hotel Amritsar.
The eminent speakers who will grace the event with their presence at TEDxIIMAmritsar include:
- Avatar Lila Das (Monk & Life Coach) – An IISc scholar, he is the Youngest Innovator Awardee at Honeywell. After working for a couple of years in the corporate world and securing AIR 4 in IES, he decided to followed his calling to share the Vedic Wisdom for the larger good.
- Dr. Mahesh Verma (Padma Shri, Prosthodontist) – He is the Director and Principal of Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences and was conferred highest Dr B C Roy Medical Award by Hon'ble President of India in 2007.
- Dr. Sheetal Vohra (Supreme Court Lawyer) - She is one of the only practicing lawyers in India to have been conferred with a PHD/Doctorate on trademark law.
- Dr. Sujaya Banerjee (CEO, Capstone People Consulting) - Dr Banerjee brings over 28 years of corporate experience in organizations. She has been featured on the Leadership Development Channel, US and Biz Punditz.
- Jadav Payeng (Padma Shri) -The Forest Man of India, he has single-handedly grown a sprawling forest on a 550-hectare sandbar in the middle of the Brahmaputra.
- Krishnarjun Bhattacharya (Author, Film-maker & Storyteller) -He is the author of the Tantric Trilogy, dystopian dark fantasy novels based in an alternate history. A graduate of NID, Ahmedabad and a post-graduate from FTII, Pune, he is a recipient of the Inlaks FTII Award.
- Manish Tyagi (Ex-Navy Commander & Standup Comic) - Chances of coming across a Naval Commander who is a stand-up comedian in his post retirement career is certainly rare. But, Manish K Tyagi is one such person who specialized in it at the age of 48, after a naval career of 23 years
- Pratibha Prahlad (Padma Shri & Bharat Natyam Dancer) - She was the founder director of the Delhi International Arts Festival. She is the youngest recipient of the Central Sangeet Natak Akademi Award for dance.
- Sukriti Chaturvedi (Video Jockey & Video Blogger) - A video jockey for Times Internet, Sukriti has won hearts of her listeners with her voice and attitude. As a video blogger, her videos cover topical issues, public opinions and make you think hard on the social issues
- Varun Malhotra (Financial Advisor) - Founder of EIFS, he started the mission: Financial Literacy Initiative to change the investing culture in the country and has been spreading financial literacy since 2010.
- Vijay Kedia (Investor, CEO- Kedia Securities Pvt. Ltd) – He was described by the Economic Times as a “Market Master”. In 2016, Mr. Kedia was featured at #13 in ‘Business World’ list of Successful Investors in India.
- Indrani Chatterjee (HR Thought Leader & Entrepreneur) - Indrani has almost two decades of experience in the HR domain in various organizations like PepsiCo, Vodafone and PricewaterhouseCoopers. Indrani has been awarded with multiple awards like HR professional of the year (2013), Most Influential HR Leaders in India (2017).
- Anupal Banerjee (CHRO, TATA Technologies) - He brings more than 18 years of experience to his role as Tata Technologies’ Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO). Prior to joining Tata Technologies, Mr. Banerjee was the Senior Vice President of Human Resources at Viacom18 Media.
With such an illustrious list of speakers, it is expected that the talk will bring out various fascinating aspects and different insights that helped them achieve exemplary success in their respective professions. With a tome of knowledge and insights to be delivered, TEDxIIMAmritsar promises to reach out to everyone and touch a part of a listener’s life.
A life changed is an award achieved. With an aim to manifest and hopefully replicate more of this learnings into the workings of life, the event seeks to bring out the different insights on the belief “Success is no Accident” through the lives and works of the esteemed speakers.
The Institute has sought potential audience members for TEDxIIMAmritsar. Seating is limited to 100. TEDx events are intentionally small, designed to be intimate events that provoke discussion and promote connection. IIM Amritsar has sought an audience representing the Institute: students, faculty and staff who are inspired by the ideas and interested in connecting with others who share the same passion for knowledge.
Visit the TEDxIIMAmritsar website at tedx.iimamritsar.ac.in for more information.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and Stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous