The Two-Day Conclave to be held on August 10th – 11th, 2018 in Mumbai
XLRI- Xavier School of Management collaborates with Institute for Advanced Studies in Complex Choices to host the ‘IASCC Leadership Conclave - Choices in a Growth-Constrained, Information-Age Economy’ on August 10th – 11th, 2018 in JW Marriott, Juhu in Mumbai.
The Leadership Conclave aims to be a platform for dialogue between research and practice. It would focus on building a shared perspective on issue of current interest and outline the agenda for future research in the area.
Prof. Anil K Sood, founder IASCC, mentioned, “The Conclave is the first step in realizing our vision of advancing the science and practice of making choices for both individuals and organisations. We plan to invest in building an eco-system of organisations and professions who share our purpose.”
The Conclave will focus on identifying the underlying causes that are limiting the short- as well as long-term growth potential. Growth is a function of investment by individuals, organisations and the government. It is these investment choices that determine earnings and consequently the consumption and investment levels in an economy. Credit can’t solve the problem of growth. It can accelerate growth for some time and is not a substitute for earnings. In the long-run, individual earnings must go up to sustain growth. IASCC will present initial findings of their research at the Conclave.
Elaborating about the Conclave, Prof. P. Venugopal, XLRI said, “The purpose of the Conclave is to build a shared perspective on choice of strategy in a Growth-Constrained Information-Age Economy and outline the agenda for future research on choice of growth strategy. XLRI has collaborated with IASCC Leadership Conclave as the Knowledge Partner.”
Senior business and functional leaders would discuss and put forward their perspective at the Conclave. The sessions at the Conclave would be on-
- Characteristics of a Growth-Constrained Information Age Economy.
- Role of Credit Availability, Interest Rates and Public Spending in Enhancing Growth Potential.
- Evolution of Digital Technology and its impact on Consumer Preferences and Industry Value Chains.
- Choice of Strategy: Building a Profitable-Growth Business across Cycles in the Information Age.
- Evaluation of Investment Decisions: Financial Perspective.
- Role of Leadership in a Digital Age with Growth Constraints.
- Shared Perspective on Choice of Strategy in a Growth-Constrained, Information-Age Economy.
Details of the conference are available at: https://www.ideassansideology.
Registration details of the conference are available at: https://www.ideassansideology.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and Stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous