Published : Friday, 02 December, 2016 06:50 PM
Office of CAT 2016 Convener issues important instructions to candidates
The Common Admission Test 2016 (CAT 2016) for admission into the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) will be conducted on Sunday, December 4, 2016, in two separate sessions. IIM Bangalore is the convener of CAT 2016.The test will be conducted in 138 cities across India.
In a release that details the communication made to the candidates, the Office of CAT 2016 Convener explained that the duration of the examination will be 180 minutes. There will be three sections:
- Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)
- Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR)
- Section III: Quantitative Ability (QA)
Some questions in each section may not be of multiple choice type. Instead, direct answers are to be typed on the screen. Test-takers will be allowed to use the basic on-screen calculator for computation. Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and they cannot switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.Aspirants can refer to theTest Day Video and Mock Test available on the CAT 2016 website.
The candidates aspiring to take CAT 2016 need to take note of the following:
- Admit cards can be downloaded from the CAT website (https://iimcat.ac.in) till the test day; admit cards will not be available for download after the completion of the test
- Candidates need to carefully read all the instructions provided on the admit cards
- Candidates have to reach the test centre by 7:30 a.m. (for the forenoon session) and by 1:00 p.m. (for the afternoon session); those reaching late (after 8:45 a.m. for the forenoon session/2:15 p.m. for the afternoon session) will not be permitted inside the test centre
- Only admit cards and original photo ID proof will be permitted inside the test hall
- Applicants who have opted for using a scribe must also carry the duly filled Scribe Affidavit (available on the CAT website) along with the photo ID proof (original plus a copy) of the scribe
- Admit cards (plus Scribe Affidavit, if applicable) will be collected by the test invigilator and will not be returned to the test-taker; these will be retained by the invigilator
- Any kind of watch, mobile phone, earphones, microphones, pager, health-band or any other electronic gadget, any printed/blank/hand-written paper, pencil box, pouch, calculator, etc., is not allowed inside the test centre
- Candidates wearing shoes or any other closed footwearwill have to leave the footwear (including socks) outside the examination hall; they will be allowed towear open footwear like sandals, etc.
- On the day of the test, the candidates’ digital finger print scan will be captured; candidates whose finger prints cannot be digitally scanned due to reasons like application of mehndi/henna/any cosmetic colour, etc., will not be permitted to take the test; it is strongly recommended that candidates avoid applying mehndi on their hands (palm side) for at least five days prior to the test
- All CAT 2016 applicants are strongly advised to be aware of the local weather conditions in their Test City (rains in Puducherry & Tamil Nadu, or dense fog in northern India), and plan accordingly to reach the test venue on time.
CAT 2016 results are expected to be declared during the second week of January, 2017.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous