IIM Nagpur began its journey as recently as 2015, under the mentorship of IIM Ahmedabad. Within a few years of its inception, IIM Nagpur has carved a niche for itself as a centre of excellence, providing students world class education in state-of-the-art infrastructure. Its placement record is testimony to the trust big names in the industry have placed in the institute year after year.


Placement (Batch of 2017-19)

IIM Nagpur saw a 100% successful completion of the Final Placement process for its third batch of students, enrolled in the Post Graduate Programme (PGP) in Management. The average age of students in the batch of 55 was 26 years and they had an average work experience of 31 months. The following figure shows the division of jobs in various sectors:

IIM Nagpur - division of jobs

Recruiters (Batch of 2017-19)

The value that IIM Nagpur offers is testified by the names that come for the campus placement to the institute. Some of the reputed companies who absorbed IIM Nagpur graduates are:



Mu Sigma

Yes Bank


Value Labs

Coffee Day Beverages




People Strong

Aspect Ratio



Aditya Birla Capital

ICICI Lombard


TVS Credit



The Great Eastern Shipping Co. Ltd.



Salary Offered (Batch of 2017-19)

Inspite of being a relatively new institute, IIM Nagpur has made a promising start, in terms of the salary offered by companies to its students. The highest offer received by the batch of 2017-19 was 20 lakhs per annum. The students falling in the top 10% received an average CTC of 17.48 lakhs per annum, the students in the top 25% received an average CTC of 15.45% lakhs per annum. The median offer stood at 12 lakhs per annum, while the batch average was 12.35 lakhs per annum.


Key Points: Placement (Batch 2016-18)

  • The batch of 201719 witnessed 100% placement.
  • More than 40 recruiters participated in the placement process from various sectors such as FMCG, Analytics, IT Consulting, BFSI, Logistics and Media.
  • The students of the batch received offers across functions such as Consulting, Finance, General Management, Marketing and Operations.
  • The highest salary in the batch was around 20 lakhs per annum


Summer Placement Report (Batch 2018-20)

  • The summer placement for the batch of 201820 in PGP has also witnessed 100% placement of the students. The domain wise split is as follows:

Domain Wise Split

  • IIM Nagpur has doubled the intake in the present batch to 111 students.
  • The average age of students in the batch is 25 years and the average work experience is 30 months.
  • 78% of the total students enrolled in the batch of 201820 are males, whereas the remaining 22% are females
  • Some of the companies that recruited students of IIM Nagpur during the summer placement are Yes Bank, HP, OLX, Jio Studios, Quick Ride, Amul, JKT, Sutherland, Blue Star and TATA, to name a few.


IIM Nagpur has been experiencing accelerated growth in placements year after year, a testimony to the superior quality of students passing out from the institute and the quality of the curriculum, faculty and infrastructure offered at the institute.


Related Articles

IIM Nagpur admission criteria IIM Nagpur courses
IIM Bangalore Courses CAT Exam Details

Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous