Dreaming for bright career is the first priority of a young student and rightly so; you have taken a right decision to do MBA but you are expected to know and understand or at least have some idea of Brands.
This general awareness article on success story of ‘Bournvita’ will help you in WAT/Essay/GD and PI also.
Read: Bournvita- A success story
Bournvita is one of the most popular milk supplements in India. Previously known as Bourn-Vita, the brand of malted and chocolate malt drink mixes sold in Europe and North America. The brand also covers India, Nepal, Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, Benin and Togo.
Bournvita is a product of Cadbury it was launched in 1948 and marks itself as one of the oldest brands in the malted beverages segment. Today Bournvita is popular among children and mothers but the success it gained was backed with strategic planning and marketing strategy and no compromise on quality.
What made Bournvita instant hit?
• With its launch, Bournvita focused on its target audience that included mothers and growing kids.
• The product came in the market as a solution to problem that most of the mothers faced which was a need of mix that does not only adds flavor to milk but is also rich in nutrients and vitamins.
• The product also attracted children through freebies and gifts that came along.
• The drink offered taste to kids who wouldn’t like plain milk and health for worrisome mothers.
• Soon the children got stuck with the unique and rich taste of Bournvita.
Strategies that made Bournvita a successful brand over the years:
• Bournvita has never left any stone unturned to get the grip of its target audience especially in India. The brand has sustained over time and competition mainly because of its product’s quality and marketing strategies.
• The brand has always been keen in adapting itself with changing times and also introducing many variants to its original product. For instance: In 2008, the brand introduced, Bournvita Lil champs for kids under the age group of 2-5, with core ingredients as whey protein and DHA , recommended by doctors during the formative years of kids. Another product is Bournvita for women, specially designed to meet health needs of women under the age group of 30-40.
• The tag lines of the Bournvita have also been very attractive and motivational since its launch. Some of the tag lines include : Tan Ki Shakti, Man Ki Shakti, Bournvita in 1990, Tayari jeet ki , in 2010 and the present tag line is Bournvita badhaye doodh ki shakti.
• The brand also played smart by communicating RDA (recommended dietary allowance) in one its advertising campaign, with a tag like 2 cups of Bournvita for balanced nutrition, do you have the Bournvita confidence.
• The brand has always use kids and their mother in their ads. The ads communicate that the product is a choice of caring mothers and smart kids.
• The brand has got visibility due to its endeavors like Bournvita Confidence Academy (reality show), plastic mugs, and chess and other games under the name Bournvita, Bournvita Quiz contest hosted by Derek O’ Brien, Bournvita general knowledge books etc.
Bournvita has strong competitors like Complan and Horlicks but still holds a strong position in market. Recently the manufacturer of Bournvita, Cadbury India, a subsidiary of Mondelez International, changed its name to Mondelez India Foods Limited.
Read More : Cashless Economy -Boon and Bane?, Kinnow Orange Story
Read More : Know ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization), GST: A Boon or Bane
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous