KMAT 2018, to be held in May 2018, is the last common entrance exam for MBA/PGDM Admissions 2018. It is a conventional Paper-Pencil Test.Conducted by Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA), KMAT is the gateway to more than 150 + AICTE-approved University-affiliated B-schools in Bangalore and Karnataka. KMAT 2018 is an All India exam that will be held in more than 10 cities all across the country and is open to candidates from all parts of India and Abroad.
KMAT 2018 is Gateway to MBA in Karnataka and Bangalore, Silicon Valley of India and No 1 Destination for MBA/PGDM with very vibrant Job market. KMAT 2018 accepting institutions include Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences (AIMS), Alliance University, IFIM Business School, MP Birla Institute, M S Ramaiah, Mount Carmel, PESIT and many more.
Following are the key dates and timelines to register and apply for KMAT 2018. is available both in on-line and offline mode. KMAT 2018 Admit Card will be issued online and on registered email id of the candidate. The candidates are supposed to download the same and follow the instructions given in the Admit Card
Registration for KMAT 2018
Register Online Here - https://kmat2017.online-ap1.com/
Important Instructions for filling of form
- Name : Write your Name as it appears in your School Leaving Certificate.
- Nativity : Tick the appropriate option to confirm your nativity If you do not belong to Karnataka state by either Birth or Domicile, please tick the option - Non-Karnataka candidate.
- Choice of Test Centre : Select your preferred test Centre city from the list of cities provided Kindly note that once the city has been selected changes will not be allowed.
- Gender : Tick the appropriate gender.
- Applying for : Tick the appropriate test for which you are appearing Failure to tick correctly will result in incorrect processing of your score.
- Date of Birth : Enter your Date of Birth in DD/MM/YYYY format in the space provided.
- Stream : Tick against the stream in which you have obtained your graduation degree
- Address : 8.Write your complete postal mailing address including your first name in CAPITAL LETTERS. Failure to write complete address might result in non-receipt of postal communication, if any.
- Fees : DD should be made in favor of "KMAT 2018" and should be payable at Bangalore
- Candidates who are applying for either MBA or MCA have to prepare a DD of Rs 700/-
- Candidates who want to take up both the MBA and the MCA test will have to register for each test separately. Two separate Hall Tickets will be issued.
- Please make a photocopy of the application form and DD as a proof of acknowledgment.
KMAT Unique Features and Benefits
Common Entrance Test conducted by Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA) for 150 + AICTE-approved University-affiliated MBA Institutes in Bangalore & Rest of Karnataka
Open to All India Candidates: Candidates from any part of India who meet the eligibility criteria can take this test in all parts of India
Gateway to Bangalore: Silicon Valley of India and No 1 Destination for MBA/PGDM with very vibrant Job market
Scholarship and Fee Waiver opportunity for high performing candidates
Easy and affordable exam application process with sharing of KMAT scores with selected B-schools of your choice/scores
Ease of test-taking in conventional Paper-Pencil mode in a city near you
Last Opportunity: KMAT is last common entrance exam for MBA/PGDM Admissions 2018. Apply to get a 1-year advantage.
List of Test Cities
KMAT 2018 shall be held across the country in following centres:
- New Delhi
Eligibility for KMAT 2018
Entry requirements into professional courses like MBA/PGDM/MCA in Karnataka are followed as per the UGC guidelines.
Bachelors degree with minimum 3 years duration/ Masters degree examination of any recognised education body in Commerce, Management, Arts, Social Sciences, Engineering/ Technology or equivalent, and have secured at least 50% of marks in the aggregate (40% for SC/ST candidate). Candidates in their final year of bachelor’s degree are also eligible.
Test Structure, Syllabus & Sample Question
Test date: Last Week of May 2018
Test timing: 2 hours
Paper Pen-based test with 120 Multiple Choice Questions divided into four sections
No restriction to move to and fro among the sections
All questions carrying equal 4 marks for correct answer
KMAT 2018 Syllabus
KMAT 2018 is proposed to be conducted with a moderate level of difficulty without creating confusion in paper-pencil mode. The exam will have MCQs only. Section wise syllabus for KMAT 2018 is as follows-
|Sl No||Test||Questions||Total Marks|
|1.||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||40||160|
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
English language ability would be tested through questions on Grammar, vocabulary, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, comprehension of passages etc. There would be questions on an understanding of the contents of the passages and choice of appropriate words, phrases, expressions and similar language skills. This shall include the passages with questions based on their contents to test comprehension.
Logical and Abstract Reasoning
This shall include questions to measure how quickly and accurately you can think. The section may have questions in sets as well individual ones based on Verbal Reasoning, analogy among others.
The questions in this section will be of matriculation standard. This shall include questions to know how fast and accurate you can work with numbers, do numerical calculations, understand various arithmetic problems involving ratio & proportion, percentage, interest, time & speed etc. Apart from Arithmetic, the questions may also be based on Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, and parts of mathematics. This test also helps to measure your power of quantitative reasoning, interpretation of tables, common graphs & charts.