MBA aspirants, who are taking MAT on 5th Sep 2021 will be getting questions on Indian and Global Environment.
Please read Impact of Energy Efficiency Mission
We are living in 21st century where almost nothing is possible without any form of energy. By the end of 2010 there is an increase of 7% of energy utilization which will grow to 12% by 2015.
Today when we can’t think of life without electricity, India alone has around450 million people who lack access to electricity.
This energy is required in almost everything. The current pattern of energy usage requires universal concern in context of our climatic condition and its excess usage.
Creation of this energy require very important natural resources like Crude Oil, Minerals, Coal etc. using these energy at a very minimal level help us in preserving them and also ensuring their availability in the future.
We all are aware that global warming is getting increased every year and hence world is observing climate change. In simple words, we need to enhance energy efficiency to fight global warming, it is extremely necessary for us to reduce our energy consumption and look at ways of sustainable living.
All the countries have acknowledged the fact that energy need to be conserved effectively and launched several initiatives. National Mission on Enhanced Energy Efficiency (NMEEE) is an Indian government initiative proposed to address national problems of inefficient energy use.
It is one of eight proposals created by India's National Action Plan for Climate Change and is based on the Energy Conservation Act of 2001.
Under this initiative several actions would be taken like market transformation for energy efficiency, financing of energy efficiency programs, framing of power sector technology strategy, strengthening of state designated agencies, strengthening of Bureau of Energy Efficiency and imparting awareness programs.
Renewable form of energy is now been used for reducing ecological effects. Some of the forms of renewable energy are as Wind mill, biomass, solar heat etc. Energy efficiency and renewable energy are two of the most important ecological energy strategy. In many countries it is been consider an issue of national security.
Many industries are recycling their own industry waste to create more power which has helped in saving their cost and without impacting their production.
It is not mere government responsibility to conserve energy; saving starts from home.
We can take few small initiatives in order to increase energy efficiency. Here are few effective ways for increasing energy efficiency in your home.
• First of all while building house try to orient its direction in such a way that lighting and ventilation is proper.
• Place windows appropriately which would facilitate cross breezes and ventilation.
• One of the most important factors in a house is preventing unwanted air infiltration. Builders can do this with an aggressive campaign to caulk all cracks and seal all pipes penetrating the building envelope, with diligent house wrap application, or with spray foam insulation or blow-in cellulose.
• Always purchase good ‘energy star’ rated electrical appliances.
• Reduce standby or vampire power by unplugging appliances like televisions, lamps and chargers when not use as they continue consuming energy even on off mode. This would save energy and reduce electric bill up to 20 percent.
• Install solar panels for overall energy grid or just for the water heater.
• Share car or try to cover short distances by walking.
• Use rechargeable batteries instead of non-rechargeable batteries.
World Energy Consumption has deep implications for humanity's social-economic-political sphere. Hence give your maximum contribution in making energy efficiency mission successful.