MBA aspirants, who are appearing in forthcoming MAT on 5th Sep 2021(PBT) and 21st Aug 2021(CBT) must adhere to schedule in a very strategic manner for oneself.
The timings for the exam are 10.00am to 12.30pm for paper based test and for the computer based test, it will take place in different slots depending on the specific centers.
With just few hours left for MAT, it is advised to utilize the time left by working on your strongest area instead of trying anything new. Few last minute tips are provided here.
Before the Exam
- Get adequate rest the night before
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Practice, Practice, Practice
At the start of exam
- Be aware and use the sample questions experience
- Keep careful track of time
- Read the directions for each question
- Read the questions carefully
- Use the scratch or rough paper provided by the test center
- Use your scrap paper for every calculation
- Read every answer choice
- NEVER assume or use any information that the question fails to give you
During The Exam
- Be very sure of your answer before proceeding
- Do not get bogged down with complicated or lengthy calculations
- Use guessing intelligently and deploy the Selection by elimination method
- Learn how to work backwards, i.e., plugging the most attractive option in the question and see if it makes sense
- Convert quantities freely like ¼ is nothing but 25% of any given quantity.
- In questions that ask you to select a valid conclusion, always choose the one conclusion that must definitely follow from the information you are given and vice-versa.
- Pay special attention to words like “all,” “some,” or “none” when you read the factual information each question gives you
- Pay attention to negative prefixes also, such as non-, un-, or dis-
- Pay special attention to negative numbers when they are used in some questions
- Pay close attention to the word “ONLY” and to the phrase “IF AND ONLY IF”
- Don’t stick to one question for too long
- Aim to answer as many questions as you can
Last Minute Tips
- Compose yourself between sections of the test and try to attempt maximum questions from each section.
- Do not underestimate the role that endurance plays as half the battle is just making it through all of the sections without becoming overly stressed or fatigued. Condition yourself by taking practice tests.
- Don’t rush - devote just the right amount of time to each question
- Don’t panic - Keep your cool all the time, even when you don’t know the answer.
Helpful Material for your preparation of MAT Exam
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous.