Published : Thursday, 18 December, 2014 02:35 PM
Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Bengaluru is all set to host its annual National Level Student Conference “Symposio 2014” on the 19th December, 2014. The Students’ Research Committee of the institute is organizing this event with the aim to provide a platform for the students to showcase their intellectual insights on current management scenarios. The theme for Symposio this year is “Innovation”.
“Innovation is the specific instrument of entrepreneurship. The act that endows resources with a new capacity to create wealth”
Innovation is a transparent, interactive process by which societal actors and innovators become mutually responsive to each other with a view to the (ethical) acceptability, sustainability, and societal desirability of the innovation process and its marketable products or a commitment of care for the future through collective stewardship of science and innovation in the present. Yet, despite a spate of attention, there is neither a clear, unified vision of what responsible innovation is, nor what it requires, nor what it can accomplish. Regardless of specific definition, responsible innovation is about enhancing the connections between the considered values of the wider community and the processes of policy decisions and science and technology development.
Far more than the traditional view of R&D geared toward breakthrough discoveries or incremental product enhancements, today's focal point is on enterprise-wide innovation, recognizing the importance of creative thinking in every aspect of business. It is in a firm's processes, operations, organizational structures, and business models that innovation can truly become a differentiator. The spotlight for “Symposio” is on “INNOVATION”. “Symposio” attempts to capture the spirit of Innovation through stimulating discussions to scrutinize application of responsible innovation in the four pillars of management vis-à-vis Finance, Marketing, HR and Operations through white paper presentations and seminars.
Venue - #95/2, SIBM Campus, Near Hotel Lord’s Plaza, Electronic City Phase-1, Bangalore-560100.
Date – December 19, 2014 (Friday)
Time–9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Speakers for Symposio 2014:
- Mr. Sanjoe Jose - CEO, Interview Masters
- Mr. Kingsley Joseph– Founder, Bite Me Company
- Mr. Saniyona Ghosh – Marketing Head, Hacker Earth
- Mr. Kris Srikanth - CEO, Enterprise Partnerships
- Mr. Rishab Dev – CEO, Maplinks.com
Colleges expected to participate:
- Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar
- TISS, Mumbai
- IIM Indore
- SIBM, Pune
- Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship, Bangalore
- Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship, Kochi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Bengaluru
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- National Institute of Agricultural Extension and Management (MANAGE), Hyderabad
- Indira College of Engineering and Management,Pune
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous