"The Learning Never Stops at GIM" is the underlying belief on which all processes and activities are organised. We aim to create responsive and responsible leaders with knowledge, skills and creativity to manage enterprises.
This year GIM introduces a Two Year full time PGDM Programme in Banking, Financial Services & Insurance (BFSI).
Last year GIM introduced a Two Year full time PGDM Programme in Big Data Analytics. One of the earliest management programme in the country focussed on exciting field of Big Data with an aim to create Data Literate Managers for tomorrow’s needs.
The Institute offers four two-year full-time residential programmes – Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), Post Graduate diploma in Healthcare Management (HCM), Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Big Data Analytics) and Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Banking, Financial Services & Insurance, BFSI).
For admission into Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), the Institute invites a select group of candidates to Goa for Achiever's Round.
What is an Achiever’s Round?
It is a round based on their achievements mentioned in the application form for shortlisting deserving candidates after a more rigorous selection process for scholarships. If selected in the Achiever’s Round, the candidate will win scholarship worth 4 lakhs. This allows candidates a chance to explore and experience GIM as this opportunity is for some students. It also enhances the chance of getting into Exchange Programme/JISS.
This student exchange programme gives selected students the opportunity to seek an academic internship with global partner institutions. Through the Student Exchange Program, the selected students can also study abroad for one term. The Joint International Internship Seminar (JIIS), is an intensive two-week program which is held in September every year. JIIS empowers the selected students from the University of Antwerp and the first-year students of GIM to work on live projects in organizations in Goa.
For the batch of 2020 – 2022 the process will start in January 2020. All the other candidates will be invited for Regular Round in early March 2020 at various interview centers
The list of Achievements examples is given below:
- National Hockey player.
- No. 2 in University Degree Course.
- Topper of school in 12th
- 20th in State Board in 10th.
- District Level Volleyball Player.
- Held solo exhibition of Photographs.
- Employee of the year
- Start performer in last appraisal.
At least one achievement is required, upto three can be filled in the form. All Achievement's should have documents to support and the documents should be available at the time of interview and joining the Institute.
Some Important Points
- If a candidate shortlisted for Achiever's Round decides to opt out of Achiever's Round and attends Regular Round, the candidate will not be eligible for scholarship.
- Shortlisting shall be based on curricular, extracurricular, and career achievements and profile (qualification, past academic performance, and work experience) of the candidates.
- The shortlist shall be drawn without XAT, CAT, GMAT, or CMAT score to facilitate interview process in January 2018. Scores shall be incorporated later on. Candidates are required to submit the competitive examination (XAT, CAT, GMAT, or CMAT) scores at the time of Achiever’s Round interviews.
- The final selection of the students will be based on
1.) Objective and leadership assessment (40% weightage)
2.) Past academic performance (15% weightage),
3.) Work experience, if any (10% weightage),
4.) Performance in face-to-face evaluation (30% weightage)
5.) Composite diversity index (5% weightage).
This is subject to obtaining desired proficiency in written communication and minimum score for each evaluation component, except work experience. The objective assessment shall be based on XAT, CAT, GMAT, or CMAT score and the leadership assessment shall be based on Individual Assessment in Group Activity (interaction with peers and evaluators).
- Shortlisting of candidates for PGDM for Regular Round shall be based on XAT, CAT, GMAT, or CMAT score.
Note: CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT scores are very much part of the evaluation and a candidate with unacceptable score will not get admission, even though (s) he may have been called for Achiever's round.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous