The Xavier School of Rural Management (XSRM),which offers MBA in Rural Management under Xavier University Bhubaneswar recently concluded its placement season for the batch of 2017-2019 in record time. This batch being out of the largest since its inception, witnessed a good run where the average package increased by 4.3%, 7 students securing the highest package of 15 LPA.
The placements bears testimony to the high-quality education and training at the school of rural management and the level of preparedness the students are subjected to. The recruitment of students in varied roles in various sectors speaks volumes of the successes of the institution over the years.
The placements this year witnessed a multitude of roles encompassing all the sectors like Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI), Development, Consultancy, Marketing, amongst others, offered by the 32 companies that participated in the process. The present trend of placements highlighted a special focus on financial inclusion and revival of the micro finance sector. Along with the regular recruiters of the RM program in XUB, such as AMUL, Deloitte, ICICI Bank, Ujjivan Small Finance Bank, PRADAN several new companies like AISECT, Satin Creditcare Network, Rural Yellow, Usha International, Greenlight Planet, etc., showed a keen interest in the batch.
The marketing sector stood first in terms of pay package being offered whereas the job profiles being offered by Amul, Usha International, Rural Yellow and Greenlight Planet stood the winner with their job offers being most coveted extending to the batch.
Second in line, in terms of package was the consulting sector with job offers from Deloitte and Nu Socia.
The BFSI cluster witnessed an impressive growth with 36.4percent of the offers coming from the key financial industry recruiters like ICICI Lombard, ICICI Bank, TATA AIG General Insurance, Bharti AXA General Insurance Co.Ltd., Muthoot Fincorp, Fincare Small Finance Bank, Ujjivan Small Finance Bank.
A total of 20 students took up offers from government development agencies and NGOs. Organisations such as Bihar Rural Livelihood Promotion Society –Jeevika, Odisha Livelihood Mission, PRADAN recruited through campus placements.
- Xuberance’19 witnessed the batch of 112candidates of MBA(Rural Management) programme participating in the placement process.
- 32 companies participated of which, 15 were new recruiters.
- The highest domestic salary stood at INR 15 Lakhs per annum.
- The average annual compensation stood at INR 8 Lakhs per annum.
- The Median annual compensation stood at INR 7.2 Lakhs per annum.
- The average annual compensation of top 20% students of the batch stood at INR 11.60 Lakhs per annum.
- The average annual compensation of top 50% students of the batch stood at INR 9.69 Lakhs per annum.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous