Published : Lavleen Kaur Kapoor | June 27, 2015 | 04:48 PM IST
AICTE will conduct the CMAT as an entrance test for admission to the colleges that offer MBA and for those which run postgraduate diploma in management programs. All the B-Schools recognized by AICTE can and are expected to accept the CMAT Score.
AICTE will be conducting CMAT TWO TIMES in a year. The candidates will be given two opportunities to appear in CMAT; first in September 2015 and second in February 2016. Notification for CMAT September exam is likely to be out by 1st week of July 2015.
The better of two scores will be used for admission for 2016-17
- Graduates with 50% in any discipline
- Final year students of Graduate Courses can also apply
- The test is likely to be scheduled and will be conducted within a 4 day test window in 3rd week of September 2015
- The candidates will have option of selecting date and city for appearing in the test.
- Online registration Online is likely to starting from 1st week of July 2015 to August 2015, however keep watch o this space . The entire module at MBA Rendezvous will be updated after notification comes.
- However you can visit website www.aicte-cmat.in
- Choice of 3 dates and 3 cities of India for online examination in the order of preference.
- First come first served; actual allotment subject to availability of the slots in a particular city which will be 25 cities where CMAT will be conducted.
Structure-Pattern of the CMATexam
Number of sections
The computer-based CMAT Second Test 2016 – 2017 will have the following four sections with multiple choice questions. (MCQ)
The following will have 25 questions each and will comprise of 100 marks with total of 400 marks :
- Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- Language comprehension
- General Awareness
- Expected Duration of the CMAT: 3 hours (180 minutes).
- Expected Time per section in CMAT: 45 minutes.
- Marking Scheme for CMAT: 4 marks per correct answer.
- Incorrect answers will carry a penalty of 1 mark.
CMAT Related Content / Articles
Read : Top 5 Reading Comprehension Passages with Questions & Answers
Practice with :Top 30 questions on QA & DI
Read Latest General Awareness Topics
Expert Trend Analysis of the Exam
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous