CAT remains the most popular entrance exam for students who want to target mainly the IIMs. It is one of the toughest exams in the country. However, the fact is it will disappoint more students than make happy. Not everyone who registers for CAT clears it. So, it’s a good idea to look at other viable options, which can give you an entry into the best private institutes of the country. NMAT proves to be a great alternative, which has enough advantages over CAT to draw your attention.
Registration ends on 12th October 2022
Let’s first look at some similarities between NMAT and CAT.
- Both the exams are national exams, held in centres spread across the country.
- Both the exams are online computer based exam.
- The time duration for both the exams is 2 hours.
- Like it is in CAT, merely getting a good score in NMAT will not guarantee a seat in your preferred institute. The final selection factors in your performance in the entrance exam, group discussion, written ability test and personal interview.
Now, let’s look at the features which make NMAT an attractive option for you.
No Negative Marking
Unlike CAT, NMAT does not have negative marking. This increases your chance of getting a good score, as all questions can be attempted without any fear.
One of the best features of NMAT, which gives it an advantage over CAT is that you can attempt NMAT multiple times in the same year to improve your score. NMAT by GMAC offers a total of three attempts to you, to be taken within a 74-day window. This can brighten your chance to enter the best institute, which accepts NMAT score.
NMAT allows you to attempt the exam at a time and date of your convenience and at a venue of your choice. You can attempt the exam when you think you are ready for it.
NMAT allows you to choose the order in which you attempt the questions. You can revisit the questions you have skipped and make intelligent guesses.
GMAC, the organising body of NMAT releases enough material, both online and offline, to help you prepare for NMAT.
In the online mode, it releases one free and two paid exams in the pattern of NMAT for your practice.
In the offline mode, it releases the official NMAT by GMAC guide. This book has 4 previous years’ question papers of NMAT and several practice questions.
NMAT scores are accepted by a number of leading institutes in the field of business and management education. The brief list below includes a few such names.
1. SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
2. Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
3. XIM University,Bhubanesswar
4. ICFAI Business School
5. K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
6. SOIL Institute of Management, Gurgaon
7. VIT University, Chennai
8. TAPMI, Karnataka
9. SPJIMR, Mumbai
10. Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
11. IFMR GSB Krea University
12. Alliance University, School of Business, Bengaluru
13. SRM University, Chennai
14. SDA Bocconi Asia Center
15. Woxsen School of Business Management
NMAT can be a great choice for you if you are looking for options beyond CAT. You have a better chance of getting into a good institute, with a stellar placement record, through NMAT.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and Stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous.