A week from now you’ll take your CMAT. Congrats on getting this far but let’s do the right things with 7 days still to go.
You’ve been pedal to the metal over the past bunch of months. During this last week let that CMAT brain expand. Let’s get in the best position to use the skills that you have already earned. This is not the week to try to make up for any deficiencies in your studying. Focus on the positive. Focus on what you know. Let the studying go and prepare yourself to perform.
- Review checklist and error log
- Attempt at least 1 mock tests if possible
- Quickly Go Through The Major Topics
- Implement time management and skipping strategy
- Prepare Flashcards
Similar to previous mock test attempts, you should fine-tune your time management and test-taking strategy in this attempt. Additionally, review your error logs, as well as checklists you have prepared for important concepts.
Make sure to view the solutions as well as the other approaches to a question which you faltered in. These will help in prioritizing your areas of focus further.
Section Wise Approach
There are some tips that can help you in preparing for the Quantitative techniques, take a look-
- Practice fast calculation techniques
- Know your formulae well.
- Register yourself with a website to solve online mock tests.
- Do not try to stick to a question to solve it again and again. Move on to the next question.
Logical Reasoning is the second section to prepare, follow these tips to prepare better-
- Maintain a cool while solving this. Any misunderstood fact can lead to all wrong answers.
- For family tree, blood relation, direction questions try to make a chart in rough.
- Break your paragraph in smaller sentences while attempting the Inference based, cause & effect, assumption questions.
Sometimes the language section can seem to be easiest of all sections, but it is not; here are some tips to prepare the Language Comprehension section:
- While attempting the composition question, read the questions before the paragraph. This will help you mark your answers as you read, saving time.
- Strengthen your vocabulary. This can be done by learning the words from previous tests besides regular practice.
- For sentence correction questions, try to re-read the corrections in your mind.
The most easier and marks gaining section is General Awareness Section , if you want to score well in the exam then must prepare this section well.. Here are some tips that will help you in scoring mush better in this section, have a glance…
- This is the area which can help you achieve maximum.
- Brush up your knowledge by reading regular dailies and magazines.
- Take up tests and solve papers.
- Divide your GK preparation in sections and make maximum notes.
Some practical considerations for the last week of CMAT Studying
- Get some rest. Prioritize a regular sleep schedule. You may not get a lot of sleep on the night before your test so let’s charge up those batteries.
- Eat good food. This matters a lot. Eat healthy stuff. Fill those gas tanks with some quality fuel.
- If you are not confident of finishing a new topic and its complete revision before the exam, then do not start it.
- Do not spend more time in solving one question. It’s better to move on to the next question.
- Do know all the things you need to carry to the CMAT exam centre. Don’t let yourself to any surprise at the centre.
- Go through all the formulae again.
- Familiarise yourself with test centre rules and policies
- Visit the test centre at least a day before to estimate travel time on test day
Above all, be confident about your preparation and do not get stressed out as this may let you lose marks. Apart from this candidates are requested to follow social distancing on the exam day.
Common Management Aptitude Test is conducted by All India Council of Technical Education every year as per the directions of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, but recently a new committee known as NTA (National Testing Academy) has taken the responsibility to conduct the CMAT exams.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous.