One of the key markers of how successful and reputed an educational institute is, is the strength of its alumni base. Students who have passed out of the institute and built successful careers for themselves bring glory to the name of their institutes as well. In this respect, the names of two institutes stand out- ICFAI Business School and NMIMS. Both these institutes have established a formidable alumni network, spread across the country.
Let’s look at the numbers!
ICFAI Business School has built an alumni base of over 66,000+ alumni members across the world. Founded in 1995, ICFAI Business School has spread its reach to 9 campuses, across the country-Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurgaon, Pune, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Jaipur and Dehradun.
The School of Business Management of SVKM’s NMIMS boasts of an alumni network of 27000+ over 41 years of its existence. NMIMS University has Management Schools in various cities, namely SBM Mumbai, SOM Bengaluru, SOM Hyderabad, SOM Navi Mumbai, and SOM Indore. The 27000+ strong alumni of NMIMS is connected with 8000+ companies in over 500 cities.
The Alumni Bodies
The IBS Alumni Federation (IBSAF) is the organisation which enables the alumni of IBS to stay connected. It not only brings the alumni together on one platform but also gives them access to a vast network of professionals and experts and offers a chance to network and make connections for professional growth. It ensures that the learning doesn’t stop with graduation but continues beyond it.
Similarly, NMIMS also has a well-established alumni body, called NMIMS Alumni Association, which is a not-for-profit organisation formed by the alumni of NMIMS itself. It’s a professional body with its own board of directors and management team. The purpose is to reach out to the alumni of NMIMS across the world and serve and engage them, so that the bond between the institute and students can stay strong and benefit all stakeholders involved.
Strong Alumni Network=Strong Institution
A strong alumni network turns out to be a great credit to the institution. It has the following benefits:
- The success of the alumni in their chosen profiles and companies adds to the goodwill and reputation of the institute.
- The alumni associations of the institutes are well-connected bodies that can help the alumni in their career development.
- The institute can tap into the vast reservoir of its own alumni network and can invite members of the alumni body for frequent interactions with the current students of the institute. They prove to be a great source of inspiration and hope for the current students, who look up to them as their seniors in the institute, as well as, experts in their own fields.
- A strong alumni network serves as a huge asset for the institution. It brings in a lot of goodwill and recognition for the institute.
- Lastly, the bond between the institute and the alumni remains strong as ever.
All these significant markers, highlighting the relationship between a strong alumni network and the institute are present in both IBS and NMIMS, as both of them have nurtured their bonds with their alumni very lovingly and carefully and have created a lifelong asset for themselves.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and Stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous.