MICA Ahmedabad Test (MICAT) is conducted by the Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad (MICA). It is not a substitute for other management entrance exams such as CAT, XAT and GMAT but is an opportunity for candidates who have appeared for any of these three exams to enhance their chances and get admission to MICA for a wonderful career. So, MICAT-I should be on your list of exams.
MICAT-I Registrations End on 19th Nov 2022
MICAT-I leads to MICA
MICAT-I takes you close to a seat in the prestigious MICA, where you can dream of laying the foundation of a great career. Let’s look at why MICA for which MICAT-I is conducted, is a good choice.
- MICA offers two courses: PGDM-C and PGDM focusing on communications and marketing respectively.
- Both courses are of two years’ duration and are residential programmes. They also include a mandatory industry internship.
- MICA has an excellent faculty pool, with rich experience and many publications, to provide expert guidance to students and create professional leaders
- Along with a set of foundational and specialisation courses, MICA offers a variety of elective courses for you to choose from.
- MICA offers a unique 7 day rural immersion program, wherein students conduct live projects and studies in collaboration with various organisations.
The placement record that MICA boasts of is another reason for you to consider giving MICAT-I. The institute is known to attract reputed global companies. Here’s a brief glimpse of the MICA power.
|Highest CTC||INR 57,51,998|
|Average CTC||INR 19,00,897|
|Median CTC||INR 17,10,074|
|TATA Steel||Wipro||UB Group|
Now that you know MICAT-I can open up a world of opportunities for you, let’s look at some key points about the exam itself.
- Registration for MICAT-I is open till 19 November 2022.
- To appear for MICAT-I, you must have appeared for one out of these three exams: CAT/XAT/GMAT
- MICAT is a Computer Based Test (CBT), conducted twice a year.
- For those candidates who appear for both MICAT-I and MICAT-II, the better score out of the two is considered.
- MICAT consists of three sections:
- Section A- Psychometric Test
- Section B- Descriptive Test
- Section C- a. Divergent and Convergent Thinking
b. Verbal Ability
c. Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
d. General Awareness
- MICAT is followed by Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI) for shortlisted candidates
- As per the trends in the last years, we can assume the weightage to be.
- CAT/XAT/GMAT- 20%
An important point to note is that even if you don’t crack CAT/XAT/GMAT and get the score you wished for or the institute of your preference, you can consider MICAT-I as a great option to enter an institution, with an impeccable placement record and one that gives you the chance to launch a great professional career.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and Stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous.