The newly set up ABVSME, JNU has 50 seats and will admit students based on their CAT scores and personal interview
The application form for the JNU MBA Admission 2019 is now accessible online at the official website of the University, at jnu.ac.in. The last date to apply for admission into the first batch of Atal Bihari Vajpayee School of Management and Entrepreneurship (ABVSME), JNU’s MBA program has been set as March 1, 2019.
The school will admit candidates based on their marks in the Common Admission Test (CAT), the same score which is used for admission to the reputed IIMs and many other prestigious management schools in India. The candidates interested in applying for the MBA program should provide their CAT registration number while filling up the admission form.
JNU MBA Admission 2019 process
- The candidates who apply for ABVSME, JNU’s MBA program will be shortlisted initially based on their CAT scores and will then be called for an interview.
- The institute has a total number of 50 seats available in the first batch. 70% and 30% weightage will be given respectively to the CAT score and the performance in the personal interview.
- The online applications will be accepted till March 1, 2019 and the interview or viva will be held on April 15, 16 and 18.
Steps to apply for JNU MBA Admission 2019
- Visit the following URL: jnu.ac.in/abvsme-admission
- Click on ‘Apply Online’ under the ‘Links’ section on the right hand side of the page.
- You’ll need to register with the website by providing your name, a valid email address, phone number and a password.
- After creating your login, you’ll need to use the same credentials to log into the website, and then fill up the application form.
JNU MBA Admission 2019 - Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must have the below detailed qualifications to be eligible to apply for the JNU MBA Admission 2019:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized University incorporated by State or Centre, or any other educational Institute that has been deemed as a university (under section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956) or set up by an act of Parliament. You could even qualify by holding an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD), Government of India. However, please note the Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent qualification should be of minimum 3 years’ duration after completing 10+2.
- The students applying under the general category should have scored a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate during the graduation or should have obtained an equivalent CGPA in the concerned degree program.
- The students applying under the OBC quota get a relaxation of 5% and hence should have scored a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate during the graduation or should have obtained an equivalent CGPA in the concerned degree program.
- The students applying under the PWD/SC/ST quota get a further relaxation of 10% marks and hence should have scored a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate during the graduation or should have obtained an equivalent CGPA in the concerned degree program.
- Students appearing in their Bachelor Degree’s or equivalent’s final year examination or the ones who have given the final year exam but are waiting for the results, are also eligible to apply. However, all such candidates will need to submit a pertinent certificate by a specific date intimated by the University, to be able to provisionally join the program.
JNU MBA Admission 2019 - Important Dates
|Start of online application process||January 20, 2019|
|Closing date and time of the online application process||11:59 p.m., March 1, 2019|
|Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews to be held on||April 15, 16 and 18, 2019|
|Final results||April 26, 2019|
|Seat booking - Starts from||10.00 a.m., May 3, 2019 till 11:59 p.m., May 14, 2019|
|Release of second list (if needed)||May 10, 2019|
|Seat booking for the second list - Starts from||10.00 a.m., May 10, 2019 till 11:59 p.m., May 14, 2019|
JNU MBA Admission 2019 - Application Fees
Students applying for the JNU MBA Admission 2019 at the ABVSME will need to pay the below-detailed nonrefundable fee along with their applications:
For general category and OBC applicants - ₹ 2000
For PWD/SC/ST applicants - ₹ 1000
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous