Established in 1991, MICA is a premier management school for marketing, communication, and creativity. MICA, an autonomous, non-profit institution, offers a wide range of academic programmes including two residential programmes: Post Graduate Diploma in Management–Communications (PGDM-C) & Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM).
- MICA is known to have strong expertise in online teaching over 25 years.
- The Post Graduation programmes are AICTE approved.
- MICA recognized as one of “The Economic Times Best Education Brands 2017”.
- MICA is a member of the Association of Asia Pacific Business Schools (AAPBS) and the Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia (AMDISA).
- MICA is approved and accredited partner of the Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK.
- The campus is green, beautiful and vibrant with student communities, cultural activities and festivals.
- It believes in Community engagement and real life learning through Rural Immersion, Urban Impact Projects and International Immersion.
MICA Courses Offered
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management–Communications (PGDM-C) – 180 seats
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)- 36 seats
- Advertising & Brand Management
- Digital Communication Management
- Marketing Analytics
- Media & Entertainment Management
- A Bachelor's degree (10 + 2 + 3 system) or an equivalent qualification in any discipline recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Candidates appearing for final examinations towards a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who demonstrate aptitude for expressing, assessing, and /or conceiving ideas that move people to action and achieve business results tend to stand a better chance of being shortlisted.
MICA Selection Criteria
Step-I: CAT/ XAT/GMAT
Each candidate must have taken at least one of the three exams: CAT/ XAT/GMAT (CAT 2020 / XAT 2021 / GMAT (2019 onwards).
Note: Kindly update your score options in the online application form which you would like to submit (i.e. CAT 2020, XAT 2021 & GMAT 2019 onwards). After receiving your CAT score, XAT Registration No. and GMAT score, please update the details on the website on or before January 20, 2021. (Please mention your XAT Registration number only; the institute will collect the score from XLRI).
Step-II: MICA Admission Test (MICAT)
All candidates are assessed on MICAT, which consists of 3 sections
Section A: Psychometric Test
Section B: Descriptive Test
Section C: (has 4 sub-sections) - Divergent and Convergent Thinking; Verbal ability, Quantitative ability and Data Interpretation and General awareness;
Step-III: GE & PI
All the candidates shortlisted on the basis of their performance in CAT/XAT/GMAT & MICAT shall appear for both Group Exercise (GE) & Personal Interview (PI).
Note: MICAT will be held in Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Ajmer, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Dhanbad, Faridabad, Gandhinagar (Gujarat), Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Gwalior, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Jammu, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Meerut, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai, Muzaffarnagar, Nagpur, Noida, Panjim, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Rajkot, Ranchi, Surat, Trivandrum, Udaipur, Vadodara, Varanasi and Visakhapatnam
MICA Admission Criteria
- Admission will be granted on the basis of merit and subsequently the consideration of the choice of the programme will be factored in.
- Once a candidate, as per the merit list, is offered admission from the programme of his/her first priority, then his/her name will be automatically being withdrawn from the list of the candidates in the programme of his second priority.
- If the candidate, as per the movement of the merit list, is offered admission in the Programme of his/her second priority, then the candidate has to choice to accept the offer with an undertaking that he/she is willing to withdraw his/her name from the list of the programme of his/her first priority OR he/she may refuse to accept this offer and continue to feature on the waitlist of the programme of his/her first priority.
- All those candidates who appear in GE & PI are considered for the final merit list MUST be RECOMMENDED by majority of the panellists of PI.
- All those who meet the criteria described above, their final composite score shall be created based on the following weightage:
- CAT/XAT/GMAT: 20%
- MICAT: 30%
- GE: 20%
- PI: 30%
MICA Fee details
- The cost for the two year Post Graduate Diploma programmes, including Tuition Fees, Residential Charges, Infrastructure Facility Charges etc. is Rs. 21,00,000 (approx).
- International Immersion Programme is (Optional) and fees to be paid extra.
The MICA Scholarships are awarded based on the students overall academic performance and family income. The scholarships are being awarded to students pursuing the 2-year programmes such as Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Communications) - PGDM(C) and Post Graduate Diploma in Management – PGDM.
The criterion for selection is based on:
- Student’s academic performance and class attendance record
- Family Background
- Family Income not exceeding Rs. 10 lacs per annum
- Scrutiny of Income-Tax Returns and Bank Statements of previous 3 years
- Other achievements
Google, Future Group, Indiamart, Lenkart, L’Oreal, Safari, Redbus, Raymond, P&G, TATA Cliq, USHA, EXIDE, Arrow, Diageo, HT Media, Sharekhan, Zivame and many more.
INR 58.2 LPA
INR 13.9 LPA
INR 12 LPA
Symphony, Amazon, Amul, Carwale, CITI Bank, Casio, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Mahindra Rise, RBL Bank, upGrad, USHA, Tata Consumer Products, Hero, DB Corp Ltd, Google, Flipkart, IBM, Lenskart, ITC, Puma, Zee Network, Pidilite and many more.
MICA Batch Profile (2019-21)
MICA's spirit lies in its grasping of contemporary trends and sensibilities, addressing the needs of an ever-changing environment. The MICA brand assures effective delivery of Strategic Marketing and Communication solutions to the industry, government, and community.
MBA Rendezvous wishes all the best to the readers for future endeavours.