First impression may not be the last impression. But it certainly can be a long lasting one if you are connected with a strong brand name. Management aspirants have always wanted to be associated with reputed colleges. Pursuing an MBA from a reputed b-schools enhances the curriculum vitae and propels placement prospects.
What is a Brand?
A brand is not created overnight but evolves and establishes over a period of time. Be it candies, clothes, cars or colleges, brand name plays a significant role. It mirrors trust, promises high quality and helps students (or consumers in general) identify with it.
How does Branding Help an Institute?
There are around 5000 b-schools in India promising to offer the best experience in terms of academic curriculum, experiential learning and industry exposure to students. A good b-school is one which clearly communicates its objectives, vision and facilities it offers. Branding helps in the following ways:
- Builds a positive perception of the management institute in the eyes of various stakeholders – students, parents, industry, recruiters and educators
- Increases a b-school’s business value there by increasing prospects of industry and international collaborations
- Establishes a strong and recognizable name in the education landscape
- Helps reach out to aspirants from all corners of the country
Why Students look for Brand Name?
MBA promises a lucrative career, a better lifestyle and status. This obviously comes at a price. The cost of an MBA programme from a reputed business school is anywhere between 10 to 30 lakhs. It is an investment which should be done after deep thinking and careful planning. If a b-school does not offer what it promises and has a weak standing in the market, students and parents will definitely think before investing their money.
Advantages of Being Associated with a Branded Institute
A branded institute promises the following:
- Good impression on recruiters and peers
- High return on investment
- Internship & placement opportunities
- Learned & experienced faculty
- Vast alumni network
- Robust academic curriculum
MBA is largely about interacting with a variety of people and coming from an elite and branded institute definitely works as an icebreaker at the very outset.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous