Wondering where would you end up after scoring well in an excruciating MBA entrance exam? What if we tell you there is just the place for you and your dreams. KIIT School of Management (KSOM) is an institute that promises you to take you beyond your classroom, into the global marketplace. Founded in 1993 as Institute of Business Administration and Training (IBAT), today it is part of the prestigious KIIT deemed to be University and is popularly called KSOM.
KSOM: One of the oldest B Schools in India
KSOM is AICTE approved and rated A grade by NAAC. In 2018 it was ranked 30th all over India by the NIRF, MHRD, Government of India. Situated in the bustling city of Bhubaneswar in Odisha, it is among the top 5 B Schools in Eastern India. At KSOM, students are transformed into thorough professionals with a global perspective, who constantly strive for knowledge and excellence. Apart from keeping abreast with the state of the art technology, some of the key skills that students imbibe as being part of KSOM are:-
KSOM: Campus & Infrastructure
Built on a 35 acre campus, with a 500 capacity auditorium and a 4-storey library with 21000 books, KSOM offers its students a world class lush green fully Wi-Fi campus. There are separate hostels for boys and girls with top class facilities. A separate 120 seater gallery is available for seminars. With multimedia system rooms being air conditioned, there is a gym, swimming pool, tennis and volleyball court, hospital and large playgrounds within the campus.
KSOM: The flagship MBA Program
KSOM offers a 2 year full time residential MBA program for its students. The program exposes the students to classroom – in and out – learning, role plays, business simulation, live consultancy projects, seminar interactions with top business leaders, workshops, club activities and joint research projects undertaken by students and leading industry partners. 40% of its faculty hails from the IIMs and other premier B-Schools. KSOM has an unmatched placement record with top 70 recruiters coming to its campus every year. The highlight of the MBA program is the sound industry exposure and the global corporate interactions it offers its students.
Summer Internship Program (SIP) it is done at the end of the first year. The highlights of the SIP are:
- 2 month long summer internship at the end of the 1st year
- Done at a reputed corporate house
- Work done on a live project
- Done under the guidance of two mentors: Corporate & Faculty.
KSOM: Student Clubs
KSOM has a vibrant club culture. These clubs not only help get student’s nurture their creative side but also encouragestudents them to work in teams, and learn leadership and management skills in an interactive way. The various clubs operating are:
Apart from clubs there are some Student Special Interest Groups like:
- Quizzing Society
- N-vision : A student consulting group
- Movie Club
- Music Club
- AD club
KSOM: A Happening Campus
With a plethora of clubs running and a minimum of one corporate interaction every week, the students at KSOM are exposed to a wide variety of ideas and activities. From annual events to festivals, cricket matches to charitable events KSOM campus keeps bustling with many activities. Here is a peak at the highlighted events:
- Odisha’s First Business Research Fair organised by KSOM on 16th & 17th March 2018
- Innovative platform for conducting research and analyzing behaviors of consumers, influencers and others and how those impact business processes
- Impressive display of talent by KSOMians and other participants from different schools, colleges, corporate and general public
Each year KSOM conducts different conclaves i.e. National HR Conclave, National Marketing Conclave and National Finance Conclave where leaders from different areas deliver keynote speeches, participate in different panel discussions and conduct area specific workshops.
- Annual biggest B-School extravaganza
- Participants from across India (including IIMs, IITs )
- A melange of management games, creative activities, Bollywood performers/singers and rock shows.
- In house campus magazine
- Contains management and non-management related articles
- Contributions by students and faculty.
KSOM Premier League (KCL)
- Organised by Sports Committee and was started in year 2010
- KSOM’s own version of T-20 cricket league based on IPL format
- Teams bought and owned by virtual money
- Starts with a friendly match between faculty and staff.
Internal Section Matches
- Grand event between the sections of MBA and BBA
- An array of management and creative games and indoor and outdoor sports
- Organised solely by students.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Blood donation camps
- Used stuff like clothes and stationeries etc are collected and exchanged at Big Bazar for new items and distributed to underprivileged children
- National Service Scheme.
Definitely a dream destination, the world class infrastructure at KSOM along with best quality faculty offers an all round development of its students into industry ready professionals.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous