Before The Day of Test
- Get adequate rest the night before
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Practice, Practice, Practice.
When you start the Test
- Be aware and use the sample questions experience
- Keep careful track of time
- Read the directions for each question
- Read the questions carefully
- Use the scratch or rough paper provided by the test center
- Use your scrap paper for every calculation
- Read every answer choice
- NEVER assume or use any information that the question fails to give you
During The Test
- Be very sure of your answer before proceeding
- Do not get bogged down with complicated or lengthy calculations
- Use guessing intelligently and deploy the Selection by elimination method
- Learn how to work backwards, i.e., plugging the most attractive option in the question and see if it makes sense
- Convert quantities freely like ¼ is nothing but 25% of any given quantity.
- In questions that ask you to select a valid conclusion, always choose the one conclusion that must definitely follow from the information you are given and vice-versa.
- Pay special attention to words like “all,” “some,” or “none” when you read the factual information each question gives you
- Pay attention to negative prefixes also, such as non-, un-, or dis-
- Pay special attention to negative numbers when they are used in some questions
- Pay close attention to the word “ONLY” and to the phrase “IF AND ONLY IF
- Don’t stick to one question for too long
- Aim to answer as many questions as you can.
Last Minute Section wise tips
- Compose yourself between sections of the test and try to attempt maximum questions from each section.
- Do not underestimate the role that endurance plays as half the battle is just making it through all of the sections without becoming overly stressed or fatigued.
- Condition yourself by taking practice tests.
- Don’t rush - devote just the right amount of time to each question
- Don’t panic - Keep your cool all the time, even when you don’t know the answer.
MAT Exam Related Articles
|Mock Questions on DI & LR||Top 15 RCs|
|100 Question & Answers on QA||MAT Exam Pattern 2023|
|MAT Admit Card||MAT Participating Institutes 2023|
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous
MBA Rendezvous wishes you all the best for 21st May MAT 2023!!