Management Development Institute, Murshidabad has been conferred a membership by the prestigious Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia (AMDISA) for five years. The AMDISA membership for MDI Murshidabad starts effective April 2019 until March 2024.
MDI Murshidabad Background
Since the foundation stone of MDI Murshidabad was laid on 31st October 2010 by Shri Pranab Mukherjee, the then Hon’ble Union Minister of Finance, Govt. of India, MDIM has been striving towards providing excellence in management education to its students and shaping thought leaders in them. The first batch of Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM 2014-16) started in August 2014 with only nineteen students. In the last six years, the batch strength has increased to one hundred and thirteen students with a gender diversity of 70 – 30. Every subsequent batch has shown consistent progress in terms of knowledge building and placements. MDI Murshidabad as an institute leaves no stone unturned to provide the best platform and opportunities to its students. The membership of AMDISA is proof of MDI Murshidabad’s steady efforts towards striving towards this brilliance.
Some highlights about the Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia:
- AMDISA is a SAARC "Recognized Body."
- It is an International not-for-profit association which is a network of Management Education and Management Development Institutions in South Asia.
- Currently, there are 283 members (institutions) from the SAARC member countries - Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, the Maldives, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
- AMDISA provides the SAQS (South Asian Quality Assurance System) accreditation which is a globally recognized quality assurance and accreditation system for management schools.
Implications of being AMDISA Member
Being a member of AMDISA implies that MDI Murshidabad is tirelessly working towards attaining global quality standards for business and management education. Currently, there are 22 management schools in India with SAQS accreditation, and MDI Murshidabad might soon find a spot in this category as well.
Benefits of being an AMDISA Member
In India, the AMDISA Secretariat is located in the campus of University of Hyderabad lead by the Executive Director. As a member of AMDISA now, MDI Murshidabad will enjoy the following advantages:
- MDI Murshidabad can exchange information with the other global AMDISA members.
- MDI Murshidabad can now get the resources and professional assistance to enhance quality in management education.
- MDI Murshidabad will be in a better position to facilitate inter-country research initiatives and activities.
- MDI Murshidabad can conduct regional conferences, workshops, colloquia and programmes providing a platform for students to interact with its globally acclaimed business and academic partners.
- MDI Murshidabad gets access to attend workshops and conferences organized by fellow members in India and B-schools from other member countries.
- MDI Murshidabad can seek professional and financial assistance in an institution, research, and capability development activities.
The team at MBA Rendezvous congratulates MDI Murshidabad for the newly attained AMDISA membership and many more feats in the field of achieving quality management and business education.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous