XLRI, Jamshedpur is one of the oldest institutes in India established as early as 1949. In the last seven decades, it has been an integral part of nation-building and takes immense pride in producing some of the most exceptional leaders in India.
In addition to the brand name XLRI holds, it offers some of the best Post Graduate programmes in the country vis-à-vis Asia Pacific like PGDM-HRM and has had remarkable and consistent placement record over the years. There is another strategic advantage that XLRI has, and it is its ‘location.’ XLRI is located in the Industry hub which gives it an edge over many of its counterparts.
In an Around XLRI
Jamshedpur is crowned as India’s first planned city and is popularly known as the ‘Steel City.’ Let us take a look at what the city of Jamshedpur offers in terms of industries and corporate houses:
1. Jamshedpur houses India’s largest and oldest iron and steel producing industry, which is Tata Steel earlier known as Tata Iron and Steel Company or TISCO
2. Next in line is Tata Motors. Previously known as TELCO which used to manufacture railway locomotives, now produces heavy vehicles and construction equipment
3. Other than steel and iron, there are other large corporate houses like:
- Truck Manufacturing – Tata Motors Ltd.
- Cement Factories- Ultratech Cement Ltd.
- Tinplate Production- Tinplate Company of India Limited
- Metal Fabrication & Processing - Tayo Rolls Limited
- Diesel Engines - TATA Cummins Private Limited
- Automobile Equipment – T.R.F
- Utilities and Services - JUSCO
4. Adityapur Industrial Area is located close to Jamshedpur and often referred to as Greater Jamshedpur. It is managed by AIADA. There are many small and medium scale industries located there
5. Jamshedpur is home to one of the largest wholesale markets, Jugsalai
6. Sakchi market near Jamshedpur is the oldest low-cost retail market.
Advantage(s) for XLRI
Some of the advantages that XLRI Jamshedpur has due to its location and the industries around it are:
1. The city offers ample training and internship opportunities to its students
2. There are different types of markets in the reach of students. It gives them exposure to understand the dynamics of large corporate, retail, and wholesale markets
3. The campus is an obvious choice for recruiters who are placed in close vicinity
4. The students get to interact with industry experts who are all around the campus and visit them to give guest lectures
5. There are ample research opportunities available to the students with different types of industries located close to the campus
6. Post-Independence many different communities moved to Jamshedpur and settled there.
Thus the city also offers diverse cultural exposure to its students.
If you want to be a part of this great and humble institute you can apply for following programmes up till 30th November 2018 via XAT 2019 registration:
• PGDM (Business Management)
• PGDM (Human Resource Management)
• PGDM (General Management)
• Fellow Programme in Management
Stay informed, Stay ahead and Stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous