Masters of Business Administration is an elite professional degree. Its primary focus is on enhancing business skills. According to a recent report by the Graduate Management Admission Council, ‘Demand for MBA and Business Master’s Programs: Insights on Candidate Decision’ –
- 79% of candidates consider doing an MBA program
- 65% of students consider doing a full-time MBA
MBA, unlike other Master’s degree programs, teaches a blend of hard and soft skills. It aims at the holistic development of the individual. It is the MASTER of all degrees, and here is why we say so:
The MBA program is designed to impart interdisciplinary education. The MBA curriculum aims to impart core functional knowledge and sector-specific specializations. The full time two-year MBA program covers varied aspects of business.
The multidisciplinary nature of the program gives an edge to MBA students. It helps in the following ways:
- Learn traditional MBA academic disciplines like finance, marketing, accounting, business, and economics.
- Develop skills required to understand the psychology of leadership
- Develop and polish communication and interpersonal skills.
Click here to know more about the MBA core curriculum.
An MBA degree is synonymous with a prestigious job and a handsome pay package. An MBA degree not only gives you employment but makes you employable as well. Some of the top employability skills instilled during an MBA program including business strategy are:
- Self-Management Skills
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Proactiveness and Decision-Making Skills
- Team Working Skills
- Communication Skills – Oral, Written & Interpersonal
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Passion and Positive Attitude
An MBA program is a standardized course. Accreditations and approvals assure students about the quality of b-schools and its programs. Accredited and recognized MBA programs by national and international regulatory bodies guarantee the following:
- Certified and approved curriculum is taught
- Qualified faculty and staff are delivering the course
- Industry relevant courses are taught
- Well-equipped campus facilities are provided.
Below is a list of international and national level accreditation bodies:
International Accreditation Bodies
National Accreditation Bodies
All India Council for Technical Education
Teaches Life-Enhancing Skills
An out-right benefit of an MBA program is the organic growth of a professional network. The time spent on a b-school campus brings you close to:
- Like-Minded Friends
- Ambitious Professionals
- Intelligent Individuals
- Hard Working People
The classroom interactions, student club activities, and internships teach the importance of:
- Accepting new and different ideas
- Positive attitude
- Situational understanding
The learning is not only restricted to academics but emotional and cognitive as well. This helps in the long run both in professional and personal lives.
The MBA course and pedagogy focus on practical learning and problem solving. The instruction methods are highly vocational and foster experiential learning. These include –
- Case-study methodology
- Live projects
- Industrial visits
- Guest lectures by industry experts and alumni
Rigorous Selection Process
Getting into an MBA course in a coveted management school is not a cake-walk. The selection procedure is extremely rigorous. The process involves:
- A time-based aptitude exam which tests candidates on:
- Language comprehension
- Verbal ability
- Logical and critical reasoning
- Data interpretation
- Quantitative ability
- General knowledge
These are standardized graduate admission tests like – GMAT, GRE, CAT, XAT, CMAT, SNAP etc.
- Verification of school and undergraduate degree level academic qualification with consistent and excellent academic scores.
- Team-based evaluation through group discussions.
- Individual evaluation via written test, application essay (statement of purpose), and personal interview.
- Assessment via relevant professional work experience.
The MBA selection process aims to get the best of the best.
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ1. What are the different types of MBA programs?
Ans. Different types of MBA programs are:
- Full-Time MBA Programs (One-year and Two-Year)
- Executive MBA Programs
- Part-Time MBA Programs
FAQ2. What is a Dual MBA Program?
Ans. An MBA program combined with another degree or qualification called dual MBA program. The course duration is longer. It combines the time required to complete both the degrees.
For example, IIM Indore offers a five-year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM). Click here to know more.
FAQ3.What are some of the popular management aptitude tests?
Ans. Some popular management aptitude tests written by MBA candidates are:
- Graduate management admission test GMAT
- Common Admission Test CAT
- Xavier Aptitude Test XAT
- Common Management Admission Test CMAT
FAQ4.Is an undergraduate degree necessary to apply for two-year MBA programs?
Ans. Yes. You must have a Bachelor’s degree in order to apply for any kind of MBA program.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous