Getting into your favourite MBA program is a long and arduous journey. The various stages include:
- Scoring a good percentile in the entrance exams
- Appearing for group discussions and written tests
- Facing the interview panel.
The entire MBA selection process tests a candidate on two parameters – hard skills and soft skills.
Hard skills are quantifiable and are evaluated using:
- MBA aptitude test scores & percentile
- Candidate’s profile – past academic scores, work experience, and overall achievements
Soft skills are those which cannot be conveyed through a CV or a score. They are personally developed qualities and are assessed during:
- Group Discussion or Group Exercises
- Analytical or Business Writing Test
- Face to Face Interview
Every college or university has a unique and a carefully curated selection criterion. Each stage is given a specific weightage, and GD, WAT and PI round scores are mainly to judge your soft skills. They provide a clear idea to the interviewer about a candidate’s personality and attitude.
Let us understand about the soft skills and their importance during MBA admissions.