Management Development Institute Murshidabad has found a spot for itself under the top five (in no particular order) emerging B-schools in India by the 2018-19 survey conducted by National HRD Network (NHRDN) and Shine.com.
Legacy of MDI Murshidabad
- MDI was set up in 1973 as an autonomous body in collaboration with KFW, West Germany and Industrial Finance Corporation of India (IFCI).
- MDI Gurgaon is a pioneer in management education for the last four decades, and MDI Murshidabad is following its suite since 2014, especially in the eastern part of India.
- MDI Murshidabad has created an ecosystem and nurtures local talent, transforming students into thought leaders and change masters.
NHRDN – Shine.com Survey
- The NHRDN – Shine.com B-School ranking survey started in 2012.
- They have recently culminated 6th edition of the 2018-19 rankings under the leadership of Mr. P Dwarakanath (Chairperson, Ranking Advisory Committee), eminent members of Ranking Advisory Committee and their Ranking Research Partner, Cinque Education Pvt Ltd.
- The top 50 B-schools in India were covered as part of this survey.
- The following categories were released under the NHRDN Shine.com B-School Ranking Survey 2018-19:
- Top 11 Public B-Schools in India
- Top 11 Private B-Schools in India
- Top 11 B-Schools in India – North and West Zone
- Top 7 Colleges in India – South and East Zone
- Emerging B-Schools in the Country
- The “Emerging B-Schools Category” was started as a means to encourage young B-schools in India. Based on the official data collected as part of the survey, NHRDN and Shine.com highlight the achievements and steps being taken by such B-schools to give them broader visibility at a national level.
MDI Murshidabad – An Emerging B-School
- According to the NHRDN – Shine.com survey, a B-school is considered as a young institute from which five batches are yet to pass. The first batch of PGPM at MDI Murshidabad started in August 2014. It offers a two-year full-time ACITE approved Post-Graduate Program in Management (PGPM).
- The NHRDN – Shine.com committee highlighted MDI Murshidabad’s focus on leveraging the Corporate Connect of its parent campus, MDI Gurgaon.
- The NHRDN – Shine.com committee also emphasized MDI Murshidabad’s commitment to providing excellence in Experiential Learning. In December 2018, they set up a state-of-the-art Bloomberg Finance Lab powered by four Bloomberg Terminals. This will help the students to develop an insight into the Global Financial System and support advanced applied research in financial markets.
- In November 2018, CRISIL awarded A* (A Star) and A*** (A triple star) at National and State level to MDI Murshidabad.
- It recently became a member of the prestigious Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia (AMDISA) starting April 2019 until March 2024.
- The MDI Murshidabad’s campus is spread over 10 acres with state-of-the-art infrastructure and has spacious and scientifically designed rooms promising a holistic experience to its students.
- MDI Murshidabad achieved 100 percent placement for the 2017-19 PGPM batch in record time with the highest package of 12 LPA and the average salary of 9.05 LPA (higher than the previous year).
- MDI Murshidabad has been focusing on action-centered research and has set up three centers of excellence - Centre of Agribusiness & Food Processing, Centre of Entrepreneurship & Start-ups and Centre of Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning.
- The pedagogy is a mix of classroom activities like lectures, group discussions, business games, case studies and outbound experiential learning activities like field visits, simulation exercises, educational excursions, and live projects, etc.
- MDI Murshidabad offers a balanced and dynamic mix of core and visiting faculty members.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous