Serious CAT aspirants like you have already started preparation for CAT 2013 which is being conducted by IIM Indore. The countdown has already begun for computer based test CAT 2013. Professor Rohit Kapoor is the convener of exam.
CAT 2013 will be held between October 16 and November 11, 2013.
Registration Process with 2 steps
1st : Purchase of Vouchers
Candidates can purchase voucher through any one of the following two modes
• You must purchase a CAT 2013 voucher either from selected list of Axis Bank branches or online from the website www.cat2013.iimidr.ac.in prior to beginning the online registration process. More information may be found on www.cat2013.iimidr.ac.in
• Ensure you have a valid and unique email address before you begin the registration process.
• Estimated time to complete this process: 20-30 minutes.
• Note that once your profile has been created and saved, you will no longer be able to use your voucher number to create another profile. Changes to your name or username will not be allowed once you leave this section.
• The CAT application data is treated as final and no change in it is permitted at a later stage. In case of detection of any variation in the data provided at any stage with the actual data your candidature may be nullified.
• The CAT may be taken during the window of 16 October – 11 November 2013. There will be two sessions each day –at 10 a.m. And at 3.15 p.m.
• There are no scheduled or unscheduled breaks. Once you have been seated at the test centre, you must remain in your seat during the test except when authorized to leave by a test centre staff member
• Test centre administrators are not allowed to answer any questions pertaining to the test content. If you do not understand a question on the test, you should answer the question to the best of your ability.
• For support and assistance, candidates can call the toll-free candidate care number 1-800-419-0080, Monday to Saturday, 9AM to 6PM from 5 August.
The difference between the paper and pencil test and the online test is that now the tests are conducted online otherwise, almost everything remains the same. Candidates are provided with sheets for rough calculations. The right answer is clicked using the mouse. Candidates can also scroll the entire paper and start from wherever they want.
Likewise they can also change their answers. But all these has to be completed within stipulated time as there will be an on-screen countdown timer for each section. Once the time ends for the first section, candidates will move on to the second without having the option of being able to come back.
Thus, time management will have an inevitable part to play in CAT 2013.
There will be only 2 Sections in CAT 2013
Quantitative ability and Data interpretation (QA & DI)
Verbal ability and Logical reasoning (VA & LR)
It will be a 140-minute exam. Candidates will have 70 minutes to answer 30 questions in each section, although, the number of questions and difficulty level remains the same.
MBA Rendezvous have started specialized series of CAT 2013 preparation. You will be provided a complete set of information related to CAT 2013, including detailed module for each section separately as follows:
Candidates will have 70 minutes to answer 30 questions within each section which will have an on- screen countdown timer.
Once the time ends for the first section, they will move to the second and will be unable to go back.
The modules will contain utmost important and useful material for a proper and complete preparation of CAT 2013 wherein suggestions and guidance is being given to CAT aspirants on time management, how to prepare for CAT 2013, important exam tips, reference material, solved illustrations, previous year question papers, etc.
Recommended Books for preparation of CAT 2013:
Quant Aptitude by Tata McGraw Hill
Wren and Martin English Grammar
Word Power Made Easy by NORMAN LEWIS
Verbal Ability by Arun Sharma
English Proficiency IMS India
A Communicative Grammar of English by Geoffrey Leech
Quantitative Ability by O.P Sinhal
Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma
English Usage for the CAT – Pearson
Reading Comprehension for the CAT – Pearson
Study Package for the CAT Online (With CD) – Tata McGraw Hills
Course In Mental Ability and Quantitative Aptitude’ by Edgar Thorpe
How to prepare for the Data Interpretation for CAT’ by Arihant Prakashan
For latest updates on CAT 2013, stay informed and stay inspired withMBA Rendezvous