IBSAT is a Computer Based Test (CBT), consisting of multiple choice questions. IBSAT is of 2 hours duration and is aimed at testing the applicant’s ability in quantitative techniques, data interpretation, data adequacy, vocabulary, analytical reasoning and reading comprehension.
IBSAT is conducted by The ICFAI Foundation For Higher Education (Declared as a Deemed-to-be-University under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956), for students seeking admission to the following programs:
- MBA/PhD programs offered by IBS Hyderabad, the ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education
- MBA Program offered by IBS Dehradun, the ICFAI University, Dehradun and IBS Jaipur, the ICFAI University, Jaipur.
- PGPM (Post Graduate Program in Management) program offered at IBS Ahmedabad, IBS Bengaluru, IBS Gurgaon, IBS Kolkata, IBS Mumbai and IBS Pune.
Alternatively, scores from 2017 onwards of GMAT® / CAT / NMAT by GMACTM are accepted in place of IBSAT 2019. For PhD Program: IBS Alumni, M.Phil Degree holders, and UGC NET qualified candidates are exempted from IBSAT 2019.
|APPLICATION SUBMISSION||July 01, 2019 – December 12, 2019|
|IBSAT 2019 Test||December 21 - 22, 2019|
|IBSAT 2019 RESULTS||1’st week January 2020|
|SELECTION BRIEFINGS||January 11 - 20, 2020|
|SELECTION PROCESS||February 22 - 29, 2020|
2-year Management Program
Graduation (any discipline) with 50% and above marks (as calculated by respective University) with medium of instruction as English.
All applicants should have completed a minimum of 15 years of education (on 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 basis).
Candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria of English medium in graduation have to submit the TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS score by May 31, 2020.
Applicants in their final year bachelor’s degree course are also eligible to apply, provided they complete their graduation requirements (including practical examinations / viva / assignments) before May 31, 2020. The admission will remain provisional until they produce marks sheets and degree certificates establishing their eligibility. The last date for submission of proof of graduation is November 01, 2020.
Eligibility criteria will be checked from August, 2020 onwards. Hence, the onus of ensuring that they satisfy the eligibility criteria rests solely with the candidates.
PhD Program in Management (Full-time/Part-time)
- Graduation (any discipline) with 50% and above marks with medium of instruction as English and
- Postgraduation in Management (full time with specialization in Marketing/ Finance/ Human Resource Management/ Operations from an UGC approved University) with 55% and above marks or
- Postgraduation (full-time) in Economics, Commerce, Psychology, Sociology, Public Administration, Statistics, Mathematics or in an allied discipline from a UGC recognized University in India or abroad with 55% and above marks. Candidates who are offered admission are required to undertake the first year MBA courses as a prerequisite to continue in the PhD Program or
- A Professional qualification like CFA/ CA/ CWA/ CS with 55% and above marks.
PhD Program in Economics (Full-time)
Graduation with 50% and above marks and Postgraduation in Economics or allied discipline with 55% and above marks
All applicants should have completed a minimum of 17 years of education (on 10+2+3+2 or 10+2+4+2 basis).
Applicants who have completed their graduation/ Post graduation on one time sitting basis or on part time, distance mode or online mode are not eligible for PhD program of IBS Hyderabad.
Candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria of English medium in graduation and/ or post graduation have to submit the TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS score by May 31, 2020.
Eligibility criteria will be checked from August, 2020 onwards. Hence, the onus of ensuring that they satisfy the eligibility criteria rests solely with the candidates
Candidates who qualify on the basis of IBSAT/ GMAT®/ CAT/ NMAT by GMACTM will be called for Selection process at IBS Hyderabad in February 2020. The final selection is based on performance in Group Discussion, Personal Interview and the past academic record.
- Download Guidelines: www.ibsindia.org/application-guidelines
- On successful Online Registration and payment, you will receive an email and SMS with your Application Number and Password. You have to login and fill up your complete details. http://admissions.ibsindia.org/ibsat2019/application/
- On successful submission of application, an e-mail confirmation will be sent to you
- The IBSAT bulletin will be couriered to you within seven days from the date of submission of Online Application form.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and Stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous