Indian Institute of Foreign Trade or IIFT is one of the leading management institute that focuses more on international business and foreign trade. IIFT has three branches where the main one is in Delhi and the other two are in Calcutta and Kakinada respectively. For admissions to these three campuses IIFT conducts exams every year. If you are interested to join then you should be apprised about the IIFT Eligibility Criteria 2019 which has changed a bit.
Though the exam is one of the most prestigious and toughest to crack given the level of competition yet there is a very simple eligibility criteria of IIFT. Recently, IIFT 2019 has put up a criteria where the candidates should have at least 50% marks in their graduation. The 50% graduation marks criteria is further reduced to 45% for SC/ST/PWD.
IIFT Eligibility Criteria 2019:
IIFT has not much stringent eligibility criteria. Here are few of them:
- Every candidate should have at least 50% marks in their final results of graduation program. The 50% mark criteria is for the general category while the SC/ST and PWD has 5% recession making it to 45% marks in graduation
- There should be 50% marks in graduation of the applicant. These marks will be calculated by taking out the average from all the semester results.
- In case the university has awarded marks in CGPA, IIFT will calculate percentage marks using the parameter fixed by the university. In case the university has no such conversion parameter then the institute will use their own methods
- Every graduate must have their degree from UGC recognized university or in case of foreign national or NRI, the university is accepted by the government of India
- Candidate must have at least completed a 3 year graduation program or more. Candidate with 2 year graduation degree are not eligible.
- There is no age bar of admission seekers
Other Instructions Regarding IIFT Eligibility :
Candidates who get selected to the institute should be required to submit the proof of their mark sheet. Those who are still in their final year of graduation can also apply. Failing to submit the required documents will lead to cancelation of admission. The documents required should be submitted on or before October 2020. In case you get selected but fail to get the required marks in your graduation then your admission will be cancelled. You should inform the institution the day your result is announced.
IIFT eligibility 2019 for foreign nationals, they should have a degree from a university acknowledged by the government of India along with their GMAT score and interview performance. The candidates qualified under GMAT will be given chance to sit for interview. Based on the interview performance they will be selected. Centers for interview are reserved by the college authority to decide. Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata are few of the most common interview centers. The institute has the right to add and delete centers.
If you qualify under the eligibility of IIFT 2019 then you can apply to one of the leading management institute that specializes in foreign trade and international business.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and Stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous