IIFT Selection Procedure: The IIFT 2019 exam is conducted autonomously by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi established by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. The admission criteria for IIFT admission is based on following exams:
IIFT Selection Procedure 2019: Important Dates
|Registration Start Date||9th Sep’19|
|Last Date to receive application 2019||(Gen /SC /ST /PH / OBC)||25th Oct’19|
|IIFT Exam 2019||1st Dec’19|
|IIFT Selection Procedure 2019||Jan/Feb’20|
|IIFT 2019 Final Result||March’20|
IIFT Selection Procedure 2019: General/SC/ST/PH/OBC Candidates
The IIFT exam procedure for candidates belonging to General/SC/ST/PH/OBC is as follows:
IIFT Exam 2019
1. The students can write the written exam which is a pen-paper based exam. Based on the IIFT 2019 cutoff, candidates will be shortlisted for the next round.
2. The candidates are tested on 4 areas - English Comprehension, General Awareness, Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Analysis – and there is sectional cutoff as well
3. A through practice of various mock exams online can help the students prepare for the final exam
4. The written exam will be conducted in the following locations - Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Dehradun, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, and Visakhapatnam.
- After getting shortlisted the candidates have to write an essay of around 300 words in 20- 25 minutes
- The candidates are tested on their writing skills along with content, fluency, and accuracy.
- Up to date knowledge of current affairs in the business and economy section are helpful. Also reading through magazines like Competition Success Review, Business Today are also helpful
- The writing ability test is conducted in one of the places at Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai.
1. Below is the breakup of the time, number of panellists and candidates in each of the GD and the PI.
|IIFT 2019||Group Discussion||Interview|
|Average Time||5 - 10 minutes||5 - 10 minutes|
|No. of Panelists||2||3|
|No. of Participants||7 - 12||1|
2. The candidates are tested in GD on their public speaking and communication skills. Also they are tested on their knowledge of the topic that is given and the overall interaction they do with other group members
3. The candidates are tested in the PI for their overall conduct. The questions asked are general and easy but students are tested on how calm, composed and confident are they. In some cases, the candidates may be grilled in case the panelists find any loopholes in their candidature
4. The GD/PI will be conducted in one of the places at Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai.
IIFT Selection Procedure 2019: Weightage
IIFT Selection Procedure 2019: NRI/FN/CNRI Candidates
1. Foreign Nationals or Non-Resident Indians (NRI) or children of NRIs are also eligible to apply for MBA (IB) course
2. Candidates must apply directly through their GMAT (General Management Aptitude Test) Score and need not appear for IIFT Entrance Exam 2019
Stay ahead and Stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous