CAT Exam 2019 is the most prestigious exam which every MBA aspirant wishes to crack with a good score. The CAT exam 2019 is conducted on behalf of the IIM’s. With thorough preparation candidates can convert the calls into final admission into any of the 20 IIMs. Apart from this, there are a 100 other B-schools in India that accept the CAT score 2019. However, their selection process is independent of the IIMs.
The difficulty level of the exam is usually high and candidates must be prepared for a few surprises here and there. Speaking to Sony Goel, an IIM-A alumni and a CAT coach for last 10 years advises students, “Please do not get misled regarding any speculations regarding CAT 2019 exam being bombarded on the social media and other websites.” Mr. Goel, CEO My Career urges the students to work on clearing their concepts and at the end of the day it is the relative performance that matters.
97 Percentiler of CAT 2017, Anirudh says that getting a great percentile in CAT is not an overnight process. It takes months of focus on polishing the fundamentals to get the desired result. He is of the view that as an aspirant we must not deviate from our continuous focus on the fundamentals which will help aspirants to ace CAT 2019.
MBA Rendezvous brings you 3Fs that you need to keep in mind while gearing yourselves up for the 2019 CAT exam:
1. CAT Exam 2019 will be held in November 2019.
2. The basic structure of the CAT exam will NOT change. The 4 main areas based on which the questions (MCQs and Non-MCQs) will be divided are –
a). Quantitative Ability (QA)
b). Data Interpretation (DI)
c). Logical Reasoning (LR)
d). Verbal Ability (VA)
3. While it is good to work on your speed while solving the questions, please do not get bothered about the total number of questions that will be asked in the CAT exam 2019. Usually it is 100 questions in 180 minutes or 3 hours, but it can be a few up or down.
1. Your aptitude will be tested on analytical, quantitative and English skills.
2. It is extremely important to focus on clearing your fundamentals on topics under each section.
3. Start preparing for the exam from now itself, if you haven’t started yet. Chalk out a timetable giving required time for each topic that is included in the CAT 2019 Syllabus.
4. As a surprise element, the CAT 2019 paper could have sections with altered names, but the fundamentals of testing a candidate’s skills will not change. Thus your aim should be to keep your concepts clear.
1. Prepare yourself well for more questions on Reading Comprehension under the VA section. There could be less number of questions on verbal ability like – jumbled paragraph, paragraph summary and picking odd sentence out of jumbled sentences etc.
2. Prepare equally well for all three sections – quantitative ability, data interpretation and logical reasoning. The questions will mostly be equally divided among all three areas. Arithmetic -Percentage, Compound interest, Profit & Loss, Time & speed, Work/days, are popular topics in QA. Bar Graphs, tables and pie charts are frequently asked in the DI section.
3. Solve previous year question papers and online mock exams to help you get a clear understanding of what to expect.
4.Time yourself when you solve the mock exams. This will help you work on your speed.
CAT Exam Related Articles
|CAT Notification 2019||CAT 2019 Exam Details|
|CAT Eligibility Criteria 2019||CAT Exam Pattern 2019|
|CAT Exam Centres 2019||CAT Application Form 2019|
|CAT Result 2018||CAT Admit Card 2019|
Stay ahead and Stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous