CMAT 2023 is conducted by National Testing Agency since 2019. The CMAT-2023 will be conducted in April 2023. Exam will be conducted in single shift i.e. 03:00 P.M. to 06:00 P.M. It is an online exam. The CMAT 2023 Admit card release date will be announced soon. The CMAT 2023 exam will be conducted across different centers in 124 cities.
CMAT Exam Pattern 2023: About
Below are the details regarding the paper pattern for CMAT exam 2023:
CMAT 2023 Exam Mode
Online (Computer-based Test)
CMAT 2023 Paper Sections
CMAT 2023 Total Question
CMAT 2023 Question Type
Multiple Choice Questions
CMAT 2023 Exam Duration
3 Hours or 180 Minutes
|CMAT 2023 Exam Date||April 2023|
CMAT 2023 Exam Time
|03:00 P.M. to 06:00 P.M|
CMAT 2023 Exam Marking Scheme
Correct Answer: +4
Incorrect Answer: -1
CMAT Exam Pattern 2023: Section-wise CMAT Exam Pattern
Students can get a clear understanding of the CMAT 2023 exam pattern by writing the mock exam as well. The detail breakup of the CMAT paper pattern for 2023 is explained below:
|CMAT Exam 2023 Sections||No. of Questions||CMAT Exam 2023 Marking Scheme||CMAT Exam 2023 Difficulty Level|
|Marks per Correct Question||Negative Marking||Maximum Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||20||4||1||80||Easy to Moderate|
|Logical Reasoning||20||4||1||80||Moderate to Difficult|
|Language Comprehension||20||4||1||80||Moderate to Difficult|
|General Awareness||20||4||1||80||Moderate to Difficult|
|Innovation and Entrepreneurship||20||4||1||80|
CMAT Exam Pattern 2023: CMAT Exam Pattern for QA/DI
- The Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation section has questions based on mathematical topics and data interpretation.
- The topics are arithmetic, modern math, geometry, algebra, tables, bar charts, line graphs etc.
- Around 10 to 12 questions are from arithmetic i.e. topics like time, speed, distance, work, ration & proportion, percentages etc.
- Geometry is the second popular topics. There are 3 to 5 questions in this area as well.
- The exam pattern for QA/DI focuses more on arithmetic, geometry and mensuration.
- The DI section is based on heavy calculations.
CMAT Exam Pattern 2023: CMAT Exam Pattern for Logical Reasoning
- The logical reasoning section has 20 questions.
- The difficulty is moderate and LR is the most scoring section in the CMAT 2023 exam.
- Around 30% of the questions are based on verbal reasoning, coding decoding, blood relations, odd one out, series completion and puzzles.
CMAT Exam Pattern for Language Comprehension
- Around 60% of the language section is RC based. There are 15 questions spilt between 4 RC passages.
- Questions based on vocabulary such as analogy, antonyms and synonyms are often asked.
- Grammar based questions such as figures of speech, prepositions, voices, para jumbles etc. are also popular.
- The difficulty level is moderate.
CMAT Exam Pattern 2023: CMAT Exam Pattern for General Awareness
- The general awareness section is also a scoring section in CMAT 2023 exam.
- Around 60 to 75% questions are on static GK.
- It is suggested to keep track of all current affairs in the last two years while preparing for current GK.
Activity, Do’s & Don’ts, Unique Features
- Candidates who are in the final year of the Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3) Programmes or who have appeared in the final year examination from a recognized institution or university can appear in the test.
- Candidates can move back and forth between the 4 sections and answer in any order of their choice.
- There is no negative marking for leaving a question unanswered.
- At the CMAT exam centre, each candidate will be given a desk with a computer terminal along with a scratch paper for rough calculations.
- Candidates cannot do the rough work on any other paper or sheet apart from the scratch paper. Except the CMAT 2023 admit card nothing is allowed inside the CMAT exam room.
- Candidates must leave the scratch paper at the desk once they are done with the CMAT exam and leave the centre.
- Candidates are not allowed to take any breaks during the test.
- The overall difficulty level of the CMAT exam is not very high. However sometimes the choices are close enough and this makes the questions tricky. Such questions can confuse students.
CMAT Exam Pattern 2023: CMAT 2023 Pattern Vs. Past CMAT Pattern
- The good news is that the even though the exam conducting authority changed from AICTE to National Testing Agency in 2019, the CMAT exam pattern did not change.
- The CMAT 2023 exam will be conducted in single shift i.e. 03:00 P.M. to 06:00 P.M.