MAT Eligibility Criteria: MAT 2019 exam will be conducted 4 times a year. The MAT 2019 score helps you crack admission in around 600 AICTE approved B-schools in India. The examination is fairly easy with not very strict eligibility criteria by MAT. Let us take you through the important points of edibility criteria for MAT 2019.
Good news is that there no age bar to be eligible for MAT which is conducted by AIMA four times a year in the first Sunday of May, September, December and February.
MAT aspirants should be Graduate of any stream but from recognized university of India and you should have attained minimum 50 % marks in your degree exam.
Candidates who aspire to appear in MAT but are doing Graduation can also apply but they have to give proof of their passing scores in graduation with 50 % marks after MAT result.
MAT aspirant has to be Indian National only and MAT is conducted in India for Indians only. Both fresh graduates and candidates with work experience can apply for MAT.
Candidates who are doing their graduation from distance learning mode from university are also eligible; provided they have degree from recognized university with 50 % marks.
In General, it is being observed that MBA aspirants with work experience are being preferred by MBA institutes but that does not impact admission criterion for fresh Graduates.
MAT has provided another golden opportunity for candidates as you can apply and appear in MAT as numbers of time as you feel. This opportunity has been given to aspirants as fair opportunity.
With you eligibility for MAT , you can appear four times a year that is in May , September , December and February whereas MAT scores remain valid for full one year.
However December and February MAT exams are very popular with MBA aspirants. Reason being that these two MAT exams are happening in thick of MBA admission cycle.
MAT Eligibility Criteria 2019: Important Dates
1. The schedule for MAT 2019 exam is –
2. Paper Based Test (PBT) – 3rd Sunday of Feb19, May’19, Sept’19 and Dec’19.
3. Computer Based Test (CBT) – subsequent Sunday after the PBT is conducted.
- PBT – 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM
- CBT – Time slots for each venue is specified in the MAT 2019 Admit Card based on the number of test takers for CBT.
Please Note: MAT May Exam will be conducted on 5th May 2019 (PBT) and on 18th May 2019 (CBT). The registration for February MAT 2019 starts from 1st week of March.
The details are as follows:
|Exam Date||Exam Type||Registration||Result|
|17th May’19||PBT||From 1st week of March||24th May 2019|
MAT Eligibility Criteria 2019: Important Points
- Age Limit
- There is no lower or upper age limit restriction to apply for MAT 2019 exam.
- Educational Qualification
- Candidates with 3-4 year Bachelor’s degree (like (B.A, B.Sc., B.Com, B.Tech, CA, CS, ICWA) in any discipline can apply from any recognized university in India.
- Minimum qualifying marks are 50% or more. It could vary slightly for the MAT participating Institutes as well.
- Students in Final year of their graduation can also apply provisionally.
- Candidates who are citizens of India are only eligible to write MAT 2019 exam.
- The exam is conducted only in India.
- Work Experience
- There is no prior work experience mandatory to write MAT 2019 exam.
- However it is advisable to check the participating institute’s website to confirm their specific admission criteria.
- There is no restriction on the number of attempts. A candidate is eligible to write the MAT exam 2019 as much number of times.
MAT Eligibility Criteria 2019: Popular FAQs
Q1: Is there a minimum marks I need have in order to appear for MAT exam 2019.
A1: Usually 50% in Graduation is the qualifying marks to appear for the exam. But the individual MAT participating institutes may have specified qualifying marks under their admission criteria.
Q2: Are students with graduate degree from distance learning/correspondence programs eligible to appear for MAT 2019 exam?
A2: Yes, if your university is Government approved you definitely clear the edibility criteria for MAT 2019 exam.
Q3: What courses am I eligible for after clearing my MAT 2019 exam?
A3: You can apply for MBA and PGDM degrees in almost 600 participating management colleges across India after qualifying the cutoff for MAT 2019 exam.
Q4: Till how long is my MAT score valid?
A4: Validity of MAT score is for 1 year for most participating institutes.
Q5: Am I eligible to appear for all 4 MAT exams conducted in 2019?
A5: Yes, if you complete the registration formalities for each MAT exam separately, you can attempt all 4 MAT exams. But most B-schools will accept the Feb’19 or Dec’18 scores.
MAT Exam Related Articles
|MAT Exam 2019||MAT Syllabus 2019|
|MAT Cutoff 2019||MAT Selection Procedure 2019|
|MAT Admit Card 2019||MAT Application Form 2019|
Stay ahead and Stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous