The NMAT by GMAC 2021 Exam admission process including the NMAT Application Form 2021, Registration for the NMAT exam and other details have been announced. The exam will be conducted from November 2021 till January 2022. The registration for the same begins from Sep 2021.
Here are few preparation tips for the NMAT 2021 Exam
Time Management and Consistency
As Peter Drucker said, “Time is the scarcest resource and unless it is managed nothing can be managed”
The time management is crucial while preparing for any exam. Plan your day and start your preparation. It might be difficult for some to manage besides study or job but you have to understand the importance of time and manage accordingly. Practice more on weekends. The idea is to effectively manage time. Set targets for a week or no of days and try to achieve it. Avoid taking longer gaps, be consistent in your efforts. It will help achieve your goal.
Speed and Accuracy
While practicing you need to enhance your speed in solving questions. Solving mock tests will gradually increase your speed. Gauge which section requires your attention to increase your speed. Train your mind to solve a section in allotted time, it helps. It is imperative to maintain accuracy with speed. This art of solving mock tests with speed and accuracy can only be achieved with practice.
No Negative marking
The exam has no negative marking for wrong answers. This means you can attempt questions even if you are not sure you selected the right answer. Keep this in mind to first attempt questions that you are confident about. If there is time left, you can attempt more questions. There is no harm in trying.
Practice and Analyze
The more you practice the more efficient you will be.
Always start with basic concepts for all the sections. Strengthen your weak areas and simultaneously make your strong areas stronger. Then, learn the shortcuts and implement while practicing. Do not practice blindly, analyze your mock tests. Introspect which sections took longer to complete and strategize for next mock tests. Learn from you mistakes and enhance your speed with every mock test. Attempt 4-5 mock tests a week or maybe more. It will boost your confidence and avoid repeating the same mistakes.
Exam Day Strategy
The night before the exam get enough sleep and relax your mind. On the day of the exam be calm and confident. Do not panic and believe in yourself. Be on time at the exam center. Start with your stronger sections that you are confident about. It will ease the way. There are questions that appear easy but are time-consuming. If any question takes longer than you expected, do not waste time and move on to next question. Prioritize your time and devote to all sections accordingly.
NMAT 2021 Exam Tips
- NMAT 2021 is 120 minutes CBT test the most important thing is that one should ensure SPEED & ACCURACY, as the 108 questions are to be done in 120 minutes
- You should focus on the section that is your strength and try and improve on the sections you are weak at.
- Since there is sectional cut off in NMAT Exam, you cannot neglect any of the sections to clear the sectional cut off.
- Start from N.C.E.R.T books and clear your basics.
- Do as much practice as you can by solving practice papers, sample papers etc.
- Find out your weak areas and work upon them.
- Never get stuck on one question and waste all the time and lose your confidence for the entire paper. Many a times, the easiest of questions are given in the end of the exam, especially in the online format.
- Revision should be the most important thing in the last few days keeping the time and speed in mind.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous