The delusion of most memory systems
Developing a Winning Memory
Make systematic use of your senses
Strategies for Building a Winning Vocabulary using Mental Associations
Important points to remember :
- When you learn new words, make sure you learn them in a context. It is much easier to picture a sentence rather than a word in isolation.
- Since a lot of English words are derived from Greek & Latin roots, it makes sense to be aware of these and the suffixes and prefixes commonly used.
- Pay attention to the tone of the words, whether soft or hard, harsh or mind, negative or positive
- This could help you guess when in doubt, especially in the Sentence Completion section.
- Play games like scrabble & crosswords. This will make building vocabulary fun and you will not get put off after sometime.
- Perhaps the Best way to increase your vocabulary is to read, read and read. There is absolutely no substitute for that! Reading helps you learn new words from the context in which they are used, thereby making it easy to remember the new words and more importantly, how and when it is used.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and Stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous