CAT Exam is scheduled to be conducted in November 2022 and registration window will be opened in August 2022
Focused aspirants like you are preparing for an exam. But you need to maintain enthusiasm to achieve mission CAT.
How to remain focused for CAT?
Every year, thousands of students appear for the Common Admission Test, also known as the CAT, to gain admission into business administration programs. Since the examination is extremely competitive in nature, it is important to stay focused during the preparation and while taking the computer-based test.
Before you start preparing for CAT Exam, it is important to gather past years’ exam papers. This way, while practicing the questions, you will be aware of the question pattern.
There will be 3 Sections in CAT 2022
|Quantitative ability (QA)|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)|
|Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VARC)|
- Duration of the examination will be 180 minutes. There will be three sections, ‘Quantitative Aptitude (QA)’, ‘Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)’ and ‘Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VARC)’.Some questions in each section may not be of multiple choice type. Instead, direct answers are to be typed on the screen. The tutorials will clearly explain this change. Also, we will allow use of basic on-screen calculator for computation.
- Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and they cannot switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
- On-screen timer will mark remaining minutes for the test.
- Three (3) points will be awarded for each correct answer; one (1) point will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- There is no penalty for questions that are left unanswered.
Also, while practicing past years’ questions, ensure that you do not exceed the time limit of the examination. Many students practice questions without keeping track of the time. This makes them panicky during the actual examination.
Apart from attempting questions that have appeared in previous years, it is important to strengthen your basics. Brush up important Mathematics and English concepts that you learnt in high school or 10+2.
By having a good understanding of the concepts, you will be able to attempt any question during the examination. In addition, keep yourself updated by reading newspapers such as The Hindu and Times of India. This way, you will be able to understand the comprehension passages in CAT quickly.
Practice with LR MOCKS
To ensure that you don’t get distracted while preparing for CAT, come up with a timetable and devote at least 4-5 hours of serious study every day. Even if past years’ questions are challenging, do not lose focus.
Stay motivated and learn from your mistakes so that you don’t repeat them during the actual examination. Make sure that you get plenty of rest the day before your examination. This way, your mind will be alert and you will be able to answer the questions in a composed manner.
Make the most of your preparation by staying focused and passing the exam with flying colors in your first attempt.
Stay ahead and Stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous