Time is opportune to be ready with LR to be successful in CAT 2020 which is being conducted on 29th November 2020.
Logical Reasoning (LR) will be a test for your logical conclusions and you must not assume for answering questions in LR
You can't assume in Logical Reasoning(LR)and as a gist on LR, you must keep following top of mind:
- Questions in the Logical Reasoning section come in sets, with each set comprising two to four questions. The syllabus for Logical Reasoning is undefined, which makes it difficult for candidates to organize their study materials and prepare systematically.
- The vocabulary in the Logical reasoning section is different from that in the Verbal Ability section. Therefore, your success in this section is dependent on how well you practice past years’ questions.
- Questions in this section should be tackled with an open mind and logic. Questions are generally based on seating arrangements, matching puzzles, syllogism, assumptions, sets, statements and Venn diagrams, to name a few.
- They key to answering these questions correctly is to not make any assumptions. Many students use prior knowledge to solve the question, which is incorrect.
- All the information that is required is clearly stated in the question and you should only use the information provided in the question.
- You should read the questions and all the response choices carefully. Before striking off a response choice, provide an explanation as to why the choice is incorrect.
- A valid conclusion will be reached if you use the information provided to you. On the other hand, if you use prior knowledge or information that is not stated in the question, you will end up with an invalid conclusion.
- When attempting questions in this section, pay attention to words like ‘all’, ‘some’, ‘other than’, ‘none’, ‘unless’ and ‘only’. These words will be helpful in selecting the right option.
- You should keep in mind that the Logical Reasoning section is not a test of how well you know a subject matter. It is how well you use the information provided to you. So, do not let your existing knowledge pull your grade down in this section.
- Now LR is being added up with DI in CAT 2018 hence, you need to be clearer on fundamentals on LR as stated above.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous