All MBA aspirants wish to crack CAT and those who make it to CAT top score are supposedly genius or lucky while others have to settle for other exams. The candidates then have to move to next phase of WAT & PI
Latest Update: IIMs has announced the CAT 2018 exam date on Sunday, November 25, 2018. Detailed notification for CAT 2018 may be released in July / August 2018.
Those who are still toying with the idea of ‘change in profession’ and want to opt for MBA only few months left for CAT Exam. Thus, for these new MBA aspirants anxiety coupled with stress will come as a free package.
The matter of fact is "stress is not necessarily something bad”. It is said that you perform better under stress. It all depends on how you take it.
Let’s see how we can reduce, prevent, and cope with stress and anxiety:
- Avoid stressful situations : With heap of work surrounding us we tend to forget that we are humans not programmed devices. So try to give yourself a break, if only for few moments.
- Stay aloof from extremes : If you have the ability to replace ‘hate’ with ‘dislike’ and ‘rage’ with ‘anger’ then in the same manner replace your ‘anxiety’ with ‘nervousness’ or ‘depression’ by ‘sadness’. Why to go for extremes?
- Know your real priorities : Reduce the number of events happening in your life and you will be able to focus more on your time and what needs to be done.
- Manage your stress : Having control over stress is not a child’s play. Try to use stress. If you can't remedy, nor escape from, what is bothering you, flow with it and try to use it in a productive way.
- Set priorities : Handle each task as it comes or selectively deal in matter of priorities. Don’t overwhelm.
- Take control of the situation : Look around and try to sort out if you can take charge of something.
- Discover new relaxation techniques : This will provide a soulful experience to de-stress. One way is meditation or Yoga. Another healing factor is to laugh or have humour in life.
- Try to be positive : Give yourself messages as to how well you can cope rather than how horrible everything is going to be.
With only few months left for CAT 2018 , here are some few simple tips and tricks for CAT aspirants that will surely help you crack this tough nut exam :
- Make out the right optimum strategy. This will help you develop a test taking strategy. Using this strategy you can crack any exam.
- Analyze the exam pattern. Use these Mock Tests and take at least 2 or 3 tests in a week. In this way you would be able to depth your knowledge and then preparing yourself accordingly.
- Avoid shortcuts. Many students follow the shortcut methods to clear the exam but you will falter in the long run. You should prepare all the papers according to the syllabus.
- Relax and take it easy. There have been many cases of candidates with bright academic profile; still they could not crack any entrance test.
- Don't let your stressed mind bully your body into believing it must carry the burden of its worries. Give your stress wings and let it fly away.Don’t be serious, be sincere”.
- Practice with Top 30 questions on QA & DI
- Top 5 Reading Comprehension Passages with Questions & Answers
Read Complete module on "CAT 2018"
Stay ahead and Stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous