The overall structure of the paper was as follows:
Type of Questions
|No. of questions||Maximum Marks|
|1||Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||25||100|
- Expected Duration of the CMAT: 3 hours (180 minutes).
- Expected Time per section in CMAT: 45 minutes.
- Marking Scheme for CMAT: 4 marks per correct answer.
- Incorrect answers will carry a penalty of 1 mark.
- There were approx. 25 questions of QA and DI. The difficulty level was high and the questions were designed to test the grasp of fundamentals.
- There were questions from regular topics like Number System, Algebra, Geometry, Modern Math and Geometry. Questions in Data Interpretation area were also not simple and involved convoluted calculations. All the questions in DI came in sets of three.
Language Comprehension and Logical Reasoning
- The questions in this section were of moderate to difficulty level. The trick here was to aim for high accuracy by correctly identifying the questions that one was confident of solving correctly. RC’s were manageable, not being inordinately lengthy or abstract. At most only one of the three given passages was tough.
25 questions on General Awareness with allotted 100 marks. With negative marking, it is a tough nut to crack and compete.
General Awareness section is always a stumbling step that or a road block for many students across competitive examinations. Similarly, for the aspirants of CMAT 2022, the section of general awareness which deals with current affairs of domestic and international events could prove to be a speed breaker in their smooth journey towards cracking the exam.