The section of Quantitative Aptitude of CMAT has numerical question, as the name infers, to be solved by the potential managers of the society. It calls for an in-depth practice of crunching and munching numbers that are cause of terror for many MBA aspirants.
However, QA section is not that difficult as it has been portrayed by many. As a candidate you only need to put in your best while preparing for this section and then finding the solution from the options given is not at all complicated.
By putting your best we mean the tasks you need to perform while preparing for this section. You need to familiarize yourself with the topics of this section like Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Mensuration, Number Systems, Modern Math, etc.
Once you know what all needs to be practised on a broad scale, start practising questions based on these areas through mock tests. It will help you in learning and memorizing formulas and calculation tricks.
However, few intricate things to keep in mind while preparing for CMAT 2019 QA section are:
• Not only you learn formula but also learn when and how to apply it
• Not only memorizing the expressions of algebra but also understanding how to interpret questions based on algebraic expressions
• Not only mugging geometric tables but also enhancing your ability to visualize as you read the questions
• Not only applying stated formulas and expressions but also your logical reasoning ability, especially in modern maths questions
Once your basic understanding of QA is clear, make up your mind for following a fixed strategy in CMAT 2019 that should have the following points:
• Be aware of your strengths and weaknesses in different topics of QA
• Don’t be afraid of leaving tricky questions that could derail your speed
• Understand that it’s not important to know more than the others but your mental strength while attempting the paper is what makes all the difference
• Believe that the question paper is not a place where you can do R&D; so, simply attempt those question types that you are familiar with
• Start with the easiest questions that you are very sure of and do not be afraid of leaving the difficult questions un-attempted as the concept of speed-breakers in competitive exams is reality and not myth
• Go through the questions sequentially and then decide what to attempt first. Make it a quick glance so that you spend required amount of time but not waste time in doing so.
• Read the options along with the question. It will help you in deciding the amount of calculation, elimination of choices and in substitution
When you will strategise a plan by joining the dots that you get with the above mentioned points, you will get a full-proof success map that will help you in cracking CMAT 2019 QA section.