CAT aspirants may note that countdown has already begun and this year CAT Exam 2018.
- Exam date: 25th November 2018
- Online Registration: August to September 2018
- Result: January 2019
Crucial Points to Remember
- CAT 2018 be applicable to top 100 plus MBA institutes besides 19 IIMs.
- 6 New IIMs are at Amritsar, Bodh Gaya, Nagpur, Sambalpur, Sirmaur, Visakhapatnam
- Allotted Time for Exam will be for 180 minutes with 60 minutes for each section
- There will be 3 Sections in CAT 2016 and these will be
- Quantitative Aptitude (QA) with 34 Questions
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) with 32 Questions
- Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC) with 34 Questions
Tutorial to understand the format of the examination are available from October 2018.
Steps of Registration for CAT 2018
- The registration window will be open from August 2018 and was closed on September, 2018. The details about the registration process will be available on CAT 2018 website www.iimcat.ac.in.
- At the time of registration, the candidates have to select any four Test Cities as per their preference from the drop down menu.
- Candidates will be allotted one among the 4 preferred Cities in any 1 of the 2 sessions after the last date of registration.
Changed Exam Pattern
There will be 3 Sections in CAT 2018
- Quantitative Aptitude (QA)
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
- Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC)
|Section||Number of Questions|
|Quantitative ability (QA)||34|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||32|
|Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC)||34|
- Duration of the examination has been increased to 180 minutes instead of 170 minutes. There will be three sections, ‘Quantitative Aptitude (QA)’, ‘Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)’ and ‘Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC)’. QA and VRC will have 34 questions each, and DILR will have 32 questions.
- Some questions in each section may not be of multiple choice type. Instead, direct answers are to be typed on the screen.
- Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and they cannot switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
- Candidates may attempt any section first. The questions can be answered out of sequence too.
- Toggling between sections is also possible to attempt questions.
- On-screen timer will mark remaining minutes for the test.
- Three (3) points will be awarded for each correct answer; one (1) point will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- There is no penalty for questions that are left unanswered.
Online Study Material for you
- MBA Rendezvous presents Top 30 Questions on QA & DI
- MBA Rendezvous presentsTop 5 Reading Comprehension Passages
- MBA Rendezvous presents CAT Preparation Strategy on Quantitative Ability , Data Interpretation , Verbal Ability, Logical Reasoning
Stay ahead and Stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous