General Awareness section of the CMAT 2022 Exam is worth 100 marks. Like other three sections – Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning and Language Comprehension – General Awareness section is also crucial. Unlike a few other exams, GK section in CMAT 2022 exam also has negative marking. Hence students cannot take it lightly.
To prepare well for GK section, it is essential to be an avid reader and be aware of the surroundings. Question bank with previous years trend can help in cracking GK section. The GK syllabus for CMAT 2022 is not defined. Some pointers to keep in mind while preparing for General Awareness Section are:
- Understand various critical government schemes
- Read about all major national and international events that have taken place in the last two years
- Go through the ongoing sport events, their names, logos, host countries, and winners etc.
- Memorize world records, books, authors, and award winners
- All events related to entertainment, politics etc.
Some tips to help you prepare better for GK section of CMAT 2022 are:
- Read newspapers especially the Editorials. This not only helps in GK section but also the Language Comprehension
- Avail the unlimited digital content available online like mock tests, question banks, pdfs etc.
- Refer to books specific to CMAT 2022 preparation like Study Package for CMAT by Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay.
- Go through previous year questions and answer key which is released by National Testing Agency.
The CMAT 2022 exam is in January 2022. This year the exam will be conducted only in one slot i.e. 9:30 am to 12:30 pm.